The Word is "Wilco"

So, just to show how they are getting more recognized I wanted to share a little story with you all.

I hang around with kids about half my age and all but one of them had NEVER heard of Wilco until they met me. They're not mainstream people either, they just prefer the harder side of music. With the release of SBS, obviously they heard a lot more from me. I even made them sit through some of the DVD. Two of them are guitar players and they could truly appreciate Nels. And with me going to two shows and "meeting" Jeff...obviously that's about all they've heard from me over the past two months or so.

Now none of them own anything by Wilco. Some of them appreciate bits of it. One of them even got upset when I took down "What Light" off of my MySpace :)

So this leads me to last week, when one of my friends was on vacation at Lake George with his girlfriend. They were in some random t-shirt shop that apparently plays some pretty rad music :rock My young friend, SWORE he recognized the music playing. So he went up and asked the clerk who it was. He replied, "Wilco" :D

My friend walked away shaking his head, "I knew it!" :lol

AND, for the record, it was something off the back catalog. He's heard enough of SBS from me to know it wasn't new. He recoginzed Jeff and his guitar playing...w00t!!! :dancing

Some of you may find this lame, but I for one am VERY excited!!! I've been spreading the word and the word is Wilco :thumbup

Dammit WW this is supposed to be on the QT! I'll thank you when I'm sitting in that football stadium for a Wilco show in Row triple Z with 65,000 other beer swilling yahoos! :stunned

j/k :D

WW gets the wilcovangelist award for today 22-07-2007!

I had some family over for a bbq today, played some cool tunes for them but first made sure they heard ALL of SBS before I played anything else. I prefer to let the music do the talking...it slowly enters the subconscious until ppl kind of look up funny, all groggy and dazed. "huh? like, what WAS that?"

Didn't get that reaction today, everyone was too busy splashing in the pool. Oh well at least my brother's a fan. :guitar

• 7 months later...

And the "good word" keeps spreading, their soon to be appearance on a popular late night show warranted a phone call from my ex-husband's child bride to me. As many of you know, we have many, many issues (which I now keep quiet ;) ). But I find it kinda cool how the "Religion of Wilco" can bring even the most unlikely people together B) They are even going to watch it themselves to see "what it's all about".

And my Wilcoevangelism continues... :rock

And my Wilcoevangelism continues... :rock

Go Ellen. :rock

I plugged the S*L thing to my daughter's friends yesterday, they were over to play Rock Band on our PS3. They seemed mildly interested.....at least in the Ellen Page part. lol

At least my daughter named one of her 14 Webkinz "Wilco" -- he's a big green frog. (one of my best moments over the holidays, along with getting the vinyl edition of YHF)

At least my daughter named one of her 14 Webkinz "Wilco" -- he's a big green frog.

VERY cool!!! :thumbup

Mine have named one of their's after my place of employment and the other named one of her's after one of our craZZZy ice cream flavors. Maybe something from the band will be next ;)

Oh man, it should TOTALLY be 'Walken'!!! They both DIG that one! I even get "requests" for it on the morning ride to school. They were kinda disappointed the other day when they asked for Track 10 and I told them it wasn't SBS that was in there :(

Hey there WW we pmd eachother awhile back.

If only we could get paid for promoting Wilco full time, we'd all be retired by now. My mom and stepmom are both into California Stars and Jesus ETC. Jumping off points, but a start nonetheless. take care, greg

If only we could get paid for promoting Wilco full time, we'd all be retired by now.

Funny that you say that, Greg. While I was in New Haven this past Sunday, I gave quite the "sermon" to some of the extremely nice staff (older set of folks, for the most part). They had a lot of questions and apparently I had all the answers and then some. At then end, they asked me if I worked for Wilco!!!

Man, I wish!!! I told them if they heard of any openings while the guys were in town, to PLEASE be sure to let me know!!! :thumbup

It's just a dream she keep's having...

• 1 year later...