I'm not sure how many people on this board are fans of Spencer Krug's main/side project (not really sure if this is the main project, or if Wolf Parade is), but his latest album "Random Spirit Lover", which is due out in October, just leaked at the end of last week. And holy shit, it is amazing. "Shut Up I am Dreaming" was pretty good, had some great tracks, but also had some which I felt weren't anything too special. On this one though, I wouldn't say there's a single filler track, and almost every song has at least one amazing moment. There are a few points where it's almost overwhelming to the ears.

Anyway, it's not a band for everyone, that's for sure. It took a while for Krug's voice to sit right with me, and it's definitely a bit of an acquired taste. And that's just his voice I'm talking about--the music is a little all over the place too. But for any Krug fans out there--you will not be disappointed. Believe me.

Quite possibly my #1 album of the year already, and I've only listened to it twice.

it's not even close to as great as Shut Up for me, but it's got some solid tracks.

some of the music (namely the keyboard tones) on the album are really grating/annoying at times.

this sounds a lot more along the lines of Frog Eyes than Wolf Parade (compared to the last SR that is), and i've never been a big Frog Eyes fan...

i might agree it's a better all around record, but it just doesn't have nearly as much of the killer melodies and hooks of Shut Up.

it's not even close to as great as Shut Up for me, but it's got some solid tracks.

gotta agree with solace here, the new one definitly not as good as Shut up.

it still has some things I like but not enough to keep me into it for a whole album.

gotta agree with solace here, the new one definitly not as good as Shut up.

it still has some things I like but not enough to keep me into it for a whole album.

we can both agree that Spencer is indeed the man though

even though i prefer Dan's vocals in Wolf Parade, Spencer's clearly the most talented songwriter of the group bar none (the Handsome Furs record is kinda eh...)

If this record is any indication, the new Wolf Parade will most likely give me a heart attack. I really hope that drops before the end of the year...I was recently reading an interview with Krug where he said they're still recording. It's taking a while, and I'm guessing that means it won't see the light of day until 2008*

*in terms of release date. the way things are leaked these days, we'll most likely all hear it this year.

we can both agree that Spencer is indeed the man though

even though i prefer Dan's vocals in Wolf Parade, Spencer's clearly the most talented songwriter of the group bar none (the Handsome Furs record is kinda eh...)

that is true, I really like all things spencer

but its tough to decide who is better in Wolf Parade. Grounds for divorce gives spencer the edge, as it could be my favorite song of the last couple of years but dan writes some really great stuff

Spencer's vocals are definitely more of an acquired taste that's for sure...

as for Wolf Parade, i think we'll be lucky to get one more album out of them before they call it a day honestly...

that is true, I really like all things spencer

but its tough to decide who is better in Wolf Parade. Grounds for divorce gives spencer the edge, as it could be my favorite song of the last couple of years but dan writes some really great stuff

"Grounds for Divorce" gives him the edge, and then "Dear Sons and Daughters..." and "I'll Believe in Anything" puts him over the top.

When I saw Wolf Parade open for Arcade Fire about 2 years ago, I think that they may have impressed me just as much as Arcade Fire did.

When I saw them again at the Metro last year, Sunset Rubdown opened . . . and were not very good. I was really surprised. Of course, Wolf Parade was fantastic.