Any Ben Lee fans here? He has a new album coming out soon, and I've heard a couple of new songs - they sound really good. He also recently covered Against Me!'s last album "New Wave" - it's really interesting, I love it.

I still give the Something to Remember Me By disc a spin sometimes. I have a couple Noise Addict singles on 10", I think, too. I sort of lost interest when I heard the Breathing Tornados disc, although the version of Cigarettes Will Kill You on the Grand Royal Sampler tape was really good.

Ben did a cool version of Christine Aguilera's "Beautiful" on Morning Becomes Eclectic a few years back, too. You can probably find it in their archives or by googling or something.

Maybe I'll have to give the new Ben a listen.

anyway,

dcd

I loved the last disc (Awake is the New Sleep) and can't wait to hear the new one. He's also really excellent live. I saw him at a small club in DC (the Black Cat) a couple of years back and Maria Taylor and Har Mar Superstar opened up for him. That's probably one of the best shows I've been to. Maria sounded great, Har Mar was outrageous and entertaining, and Ben made everyone have a great time.

Ah Ben Lee! I have all his albums and have seen him in concert maybe 8 times? He is a very genuine person and has some great songs. He ususally will stick around after every show to chat with fans. I am looking forward to his new albums. Breathing Tornados is my favorite album of his! :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...