it might have been red eye. it's not very bluesy on the studio album but he's been really going to town on that song when he plays it live. i loooove it.

most of his stuff is pretty poppy so it's hard to tell how talented he is on the guitar.

it might have been red eye. it's not very bluesy on the studio album but he's been really going to town on that song when he plays it live. i loooove it.

most of his stuff is pretty poppy so it's hard to tell how talented he is on the guitar.

Red Eye....i'll look into it.

Did you get a T-Shirt?

Proud to see he also has a great sense of humor :lol

The wife and I purchased VIP passes on Sunday for dirt cheap from an ad on craigslist. I have had my issues with the festival in the past, but will this is without a doubt the way to go. We ended up enjoying so much of the free beer, vodka and food that we barely even left our perch underneath a large oak tree to intermingle with the hordes of hot, sweaty patrons in the "cheap seats." In fact one of my favorite performers, Patterson Hood, could be heard clearly from the comfort our own lounge chairs. In fact we nearly had to force ourselves to get up and leave our comfy confines to head to the AMD stage to hear Wilco. I told myself that I was going to stay towards the back and try not to exert too much energy after my night of head bopping and dancing two nights ago in Dallas. But once the first chords to Red Eyed and Blue began to play, I couldnt help myself. I dragged my wife towards the front of the stage (albeit to the most far off portion on stage right) where I danced off the booze and beer in my alcohol soaked stomach. It didnt matter that at this point I couldnt see the band. I had the most awesome view of the crowd of fans stretching, what seemed like all the way down to the other side of the park beneath the setting sun of the Austin skyline. The perfect ending to the perfect weekend.

Did anyone see Muse? I watched half of Arcade Fire and then left for The National show downtown, but I've read great reviews of Muse. I haven't listened to them much. Am I missing out?

YES...YES...YES!!!

Awesome set -- best performance of the festival. I had the most fun at Wilco but Muse was just amazing -- and going into it I was not a big fan but they blew us away. Of course this is coming from someone who thought the Artic Monkeys rocked (their rhythym section makes the band--of course this is coming form a bassist :)

Hey, guys. New to the boards. Longtime Austin resident (11 years this August) and I caught both the ACL taping show and the festival. Both were great. The band sounds tighter than ever before, and Nels Cline was on fire. The sound was great at both shows, and the taping show was a religious experience.

Hey, guys. New to the boards. Longtime Austin resident (11 years this August) and I caught both the ACL taping show and the festival. Both were great. The band sounds tighter than ever before, and Nels Cline was on fire. The sound was great at both shows, and the taping show was a religious experience.

WELCOME! I don't remember seeing you at either event ;)

I love your name.....I have considered making a shirt with Dash on the back where a last name would go, across the shoulders. Then a 7 under that. An athletic style shirt....nevermind. :hmm