Spoon on SNL Oct. 6

Gotcha. Fair points. I will try to go find the Letterman or Leno clip. Someone should start up a thread dedicated specifically to late night tv performances/youtube. Not it.

i thought they were great on Letterman or was it Leno, recently.

I finally watched the SNL performance this afternoon, and I agree: Not so hot. The band didn't sound tight, and Britt Daniel seemed very, very stiff. Neither song really sounded like the Spoon I know and love. But they sounded much better on both Leno and Letterman.

Britt looked very nervous to me. i think he messed up his chords and hit the mic with his guitar on Underdog. their performance of Black Like Me on one of the late night shows was great though.

i thought Cherry Bomb at least sounded better than the record. i've always liked the song but hate how his voice is distorted on the recording.

What's up with Britt's singing for the first minute or so of Cherry Bomb? His pitch is just completely fucked/horrible. Aside from that, I'll dissent and say that I really enjoyed both of these performances. Not as good as the Letterman one, but fun as heck all the same.