(Musical) Baby Toys

I do think the warnings are valid, but as long as babies get lots of time to wiggle around on the floor (and the jumper is used in moderation), they should be just fine.

And there's the rub. My now 6 mo. old lasts about 10 min. tops in the Johnny Jump-up (well, with most any activity, really) and goes in it a few times a week. Any more than that amount of time and he's crying, anyway. But again, they're great (and the little playstation saucers that they sit in with all the mirrors and crap which we refer to as his "office") and allow just enough time to take a bathroom break, start dinner, beat the dogs, etc.

And there's the rub. My now 6 mo. old lasts about 10 min. top in the Johnny Jump-up and goes in it a few times a week. Any more than that amount of time and he's crying, anyway. But again, they're great (and the little playstation saucers that they sit in with all the mirrors and crap which we refer to as his "office") and allow just enough time to take a bathroom break, start dinner, beat the dogs, etc.

Yes, a baby containment device is crucial to a parent's sanity. Slings are great for this too!

gymini.gif

Not a "musical toy," but it's good for trunk and neck development, and babies love 'em. (You can always play music while they wiggle.)

A toy drum, piano, or xylophone would probably be a big hit with an older baby who can sit up without support.

gymini.gif

Not a "musical toy," but it's good for trunk and neck development, and babies love 'em. (You can always play music while they wiggle.)

This Gymini is the exact one my daughter had. It was awesome. Stuff going on below, stuff going on above (detachable stuffs!) and the mirror and all of that. Easily breaks down into a tote. Just a really excellent piece of baby gear. Nearly brings a tear to my eye just to look at that picture and think of all the good times we had cuddling under that rattling giraffe. Jeez, they grow so friggin' fast.