Ryan Adams interview in BlackBook Magazine

http://www.blackbookmag.com/exclusive/dont_look_back.php

Ryan Adams and the Cardinals Don't Look Back

From Whiskeytown to sober city, Ryan Adams puts the pedal to the metal, whisking his band of merry Cardinals through vast musical terrain and the uncharted waters of a booze- and drug-free life. Here, an exclusive, all-access pass to his most recent European tour.

By Matt Diehl, Photography by Phil Andelman

pf_main_adams.jpg

"Life on the road hasn't changed at all. I just no longer get dead-drunk wasted and disappear to some hotel in Tijuana."

*jealous*

Dude and I saw him a couple weeks ago in Chicago, and it was a really great show. He played quite a few songs from Heartbreaker, including Call Me On Your Way Back Home, which I had always wanted to hear live. :wub

Have a great time!

I've never cared for Ryan Adams, but I'm glad he finally got sober and wish him all the best. What really blew my mind about that interview, though, was the name Neal Casal. If it's the same Neal Casal I know -- with great albums like Basement Dreams and Fade Away Diamond Time -- I'm saddened to learn he's playing backup in a band like that. I'd rather see Ryan Adams open for HIM! Does anybody know his solo stuff, or even whether it's the same person?

Wow, thanks. There's a ton of Neal Casal on youtube! I think he's great.

Neal's great. I wasn't too thrilled when JP Bowersock got replaced in The Cardinals - but Neal's really stepped it up a notch. His harmonising with Ryan, along with their guitar interplay is freakin' unreal... Plus, they do Neal songs in the sets sometimes, so it's not like he's in the shadows the whole time.