anyone know anything about audio recievers

this maybe the wrong forum for this but i didnt know where to post this.

randomly my reciver started cutting out. I know its not the chord and ive tried re wiring it it still is choppy even on a radio feed.

every other second it goes silent.

Any guesses?

this maybe the wrong forum for this but i didnt know where to post this.

randomly my reciver started cutting out. I know its not the chord and ive tried re wiring it it still is choppy even on a radio feed.

every other second it goes silent.

Any guesses?

It could be a heat issue. Does it start out ok and then start progressively getting worse or does it do it from the moment it is turned on? There are numerous internal components that if they went out could cause this problem.

does it turn off all the way or does the sound stop coming out?

If it won't come on, it could be the power supply in the receiver.

If it is on, but no sound coming out, the amp that drives the speakers could be dead.

i tried different speakers. Still doesn't work. It doesn't turn off it just cuts the sound.

If the amp is dead is it a replacedable part or is this thing scarp metal?

If the amp is dead is it a replacedable part or is this thing scarp metal?

These days? It depends on how expensive your amp is. If its in the $100-200 range, it's probably scrap metal. A decent repair shop, if you can even find one, is going to charge you $75 to open it and look at it (in NYC at least). I think they are usually fixable. The question is: is it worth what it will cost you to fix it?

Based on the overall price/value of the receiver, it could be totaled or repairable. If you're a guru and the thing cost a ton of money, it might be smart to get it fixed. If it's just an average model, I'd consider replacing it. You can get a pretty awesome model these days for $300-400.

Based on the overall price/value of the receiver, it could be totaled or repairable. If you're a guru and the thing cost a ton of money, it might be smart to get it fixed. If it's just an average model, I'd consider replacing it. You can get a pretty awesome model these days for $300-400.

shit this is not what i was hoping to here. I actully just came into this one for free (along with the speakers). And I defintly don't have that kind of money to throw out on another one.

The speakers have wire inputs; and i've really just been using them to play stuff of my computer. Anyway I could rig those speakers straight up to thec omputer?

Anyway I could rig those speakers straight up to thec omputer?

you need power to drive them. I would suggest just picking some computer speakers if that's all you're using them for. I got this pair for my dad and my sister for Xmas last year. They sound really damn good for the money.

you need power to drive them. I would suggest just picking some computer speakers if that's all you're using them for. I got this pair for my dad and my sister for Xmas last year. They sound really damn good for the money.

hmmm

i mean i know i could get computer speakers but these are so fucking loud, plus I occasionly play vinal through it and my cds. hmmm