Perth March 2008 Tour - Update on Perth WA

I know a few people last time made arrangements to fly over east from Perth to attend shows (i know i did!). So I thought i would get some sort of indication from the bands management regarding whether a Perth show is likely. The answer appears not but you never know...!

For those who know Perth, I wasnt disappointed not going to the Fremantle Show at the Metro. A crap venue plagued by poor sound on every occassion ive been there (ok only twice!)

The two venues i recommended were The Fly By Night in Fremantle (yes small an intimate but imagine a Jeff Tweedy solo show there!! or a residency of a few nights! More practicle would be the other suggestion - The Belvoir Amp.

I didnt put forward Kings Park. California Stars sung outdoors with the chorus changed to "The Southern Cross" :thumbup

Here is the reply from Tony Margherita Management. Thanks to Emily to the speedy response. She replied overnight. Impressive. :cheekkiss

Sean In Perth

" As much fun as the guys had in Perth earlier this year, there are no plans for a show there this time around. We appreciate the venue recommendations...I'll pass them along to the band's booking agent for future reference. "

Emily Rosenblum

Tony Margherita Management

1140 Broadway #1603

New York, NY 10001

Cheers for trying Sean.

Honestly though, as much as I didn't expect them to be coming back to Australia so soon, my expectations that they'd come back to Perth as well were even less.

But oh well, at least I got to see the show earlier this year (which was about as wonderful as anyone could ever imagine).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...