Teacher arrested for Teddy Bear name

and, while it doesn't make the bloodlust on display by certain sudanese factions, i completely thought the same thing. even if you don't agree w/ a culture and/or respect it, if you are in an enviornment where it is such a volatile element of your surroundings...you better damn well understand it inside and out.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you keep using the violent passgaes of the bible and koran to fortify your stance religion is 'bad'. when i try to cite there are contradictory passages that are 'good', you tell me i 'can't have it both ways' AKA use those examples to express the positive aspects of religion. then, you continue to cite the violent passages. it's absolutely mind-numbing.

i really do want to at least understand your issues, but they slide around all over the place...some posts it's an issue w/ the bible/koran, some it's religion as a whole, some it's ORGANIZED religion, some it's people who believe in the existence of God.

Well, my point, I guess

You seem to be stating that god is responsible for all wonderful things man does for his fellow man, but, at the same time, not responsible for the harm they do to one another. But how can that be, if the bible/Koran is the word of god?

And again, if it is all interpretation, why believe a single word? After all, the book was

i still do think that the bible is a manmade interpretation of God's word.

What evidence do you have to support this belief? Are you in possession of information biblical scholars, the pope, etc, are not?

what i'm stating is, that God and/or the interpreted word of God, is responsible for providing man w/ the opportunity to do both wonderful and harmful things for their fellow man. that said, if God and/or the word of God has also stated that he declared there are certain rules we, as humans, need to follow, doesn't that also dictate that we are to be considered free-thinking individuals responsible for our actions?

Exactly, so which is it?

How do you square passages such as

A. what evidence do i have to support the bible was written by man? wait, are you saying it's not. i don't have evidence, but why should i provide it unless you think differently?

B. which is it? for me, i choose not to kill because i think it's wrong unless my only alternative is for me or my family to be killed instead. i'm presented w/ two paths, i choose one. what do you do in similar sitautions that don't involve the bible?

C. See answer to B above. I make a choice. again, you've got yourself in some sort of weird circular thing where you don't believe in god...but you'll use the bible as the irrefutable word of god to show how it causes people to kill others. if you think that there isn't a God, how can you use the bible as the basis for his word? more so...nobody can do everything the bible tells them to, it's impossible.

D. conditioned/learned behavior negative/reinforcement is the same be it from the bible or not. and, you just agreed w/ me that bible cannot physically render our ability to think/choose for ourselves.

E. i'm not suggesting otherwise, but so will science...amongst other things outside of a religious context. do you not agree that it is both religion and science in the hands of particular men/woman that is the real issue?

F. but, again, to say that dictates human beings have no free will when faced w/ a bible...a book that is the word of the god you don't believe exists? seriously man, wtf?!

A. I

See? It's not just me.

Islam