Des Moines, IA show

Hey there! Luckily I was able to take my small break at work today and use the net to get my pre-sale tickets for Des Moines. Just wondering who all was planning on going to this? Am seriously bummed about the GA but guess we'll all have a party outside pre-show while we wait when we get there early to claim our places to stand. :dancing

Buying your tickets through the pre-sale might help get a good place to stand. At Dallas this year, the staff came through the waiting line and moved all people holding tickets bought at the pre-sale to the front of the line before opening the doors. If you get a funny looking ticket (ours were a different color than everyone else's) that might mean they'll do the same at this show!

I definately wouldn't mind that! Guess we'll have to wait and see when the tickets come to see what everyone else's look like.

Any ideas if there is an opening act? Last time I was at a show they had Low open and they had some really bright neon lights..in my eyes...their entire opening act. I wouldn't mind someone I could dance to....

I've considered the Des Moines show. We hit Iowa City in Oct which was great (although managed to miss meeting deepsea and gogo and others, I'm sure), so Des Moines is do-able.

Any ideas if there is an opening act? Last time I was at a show they had Low open and they had some really bright neon lights..in my eyes...their entire opening act. I wouldn't mind someone I could dance to....

Low was a fantastic opener, I would assume they will have support...but then again I haven't been to a Wilco show where I haven't liked the opening band.

I've considered the Des Moines show. We hit Iowa City in Oct which was great (although managed to miss meeting deepsea and gogo and others, I'm sure), so Des Moines is do-able.

I don't bite, just ask Ms. Yvon :thumbup

Well now we know the opener..that was quick! It's John Doe. Anyone know anything about him? I found stuff on wikipedia...but that doesn't tell me if I'll enjoy his music. I'm excited about 2moro though, going to try and get a few days of the Chicago residency.

Discussion of opener in another thread

Yeah, I don't know if this will sell out completely, but hey that's one advantage to Iowa. Smaller venues, etc. as long as bands actually decide to stop by.