Great quotes about Wilco!

I saw Wilco last summer at the Greek Theater in Berkeley. The best part of the show is guitarist Nels Cline...a somewhat recent addition to the band. He simply destroys...reminds me of something out of The Velvet Underground/Stooges/Dream Syndicate sound but he is held in check by the comparitively passive sound of the rest of the band. Tweedy is an okay singer, but he's in no way a great songwriter.

I like their music, but I was underwhelmed the one time I saw them live. The singer was a Mr. Pissypants -- he complained that no one in the audience was a "real fan" because he messed up the lyrics and no one minded.

So, we left.

I had heard good things about this band years ago. But after hearing their recorded music, I found them to be unimpressive. I'd say they elevated themselves somewhat at their Jazzfest performance a few years ago but only to the upper range of mediocre.

Thanks for the laughs from the hilarious quotes. And thanks for another reason for me to love Rhett Miller.

Yeah, the 97s are one of my favorites. Saw 'em at Red Rocks on Aug. 3rd. Rhett's plane was late so the first half was without Rhett. All of a sudden he bounded on stage.The stopped the song and immediately ripped into Time Bomb. One of my happiest concert moments. (Sorry. I didn't mean to threadjack...)

Yeah, the 97s are one of my favorites. Saw 'em at Red Rocks on Aug. 3rd. Rhett's plane was late so the first half was without Rhett. All of a sudden he bounded on stage.The stopped the song and immediately ripped into Time Bomb. One of my happiest concert moments. (Sorry. I didn't mean to threadjack...)

:thumbup

i can't wait for the new record... it's in it's final mixing stanges this week. should be out the first part of the sping.