hey Britts, lay off the fries

That's a bit of a stange question to ask, if you want to get solid figures on fast food consumption:

In terms of fast food, Britain 45 percent of Britons agreed with the statement "I like the taste of fast food too much to give it up" ahead of 44 percent for Americans and Canadians at 37 percent.The French, long proud of their reputation for high-class cuisine, strongly disagree: 81 percent rejected the statement, followed by 75 percent of Singaporeans and 73 percent of people from Hong Kong and Romania.

I like the taste of fish and chips (fast food) far too much to give it up too, but I probably only eat fish and chips 3 or 4 times in a year, and fast food in general at the most 10 to 20 (and that's being very generous) times in a given year. So I would fit into that 45 percent too, but I hardly eat the stuff - so nothing is proved there then. Not trying to defend Britain or anything, I just think that survey is stupid - and I also think the problem with poor diet actually steams from shitty food available at schools - because the labour government thought it wise to bring in private organisations to supply food for the kids rather than allow the dinner ladies to cook proper food, as it was in my day and that's not that long ago at all - (which fortunately Jamie Oliver campaigned to turn around, although I doubt the impact is as much as it could and should be) and ready meals with high salt content and all that kind of crap to make it taste of something, as opposed to McDonalds meals or fish & chips.