Rx Electronics Overdriver

...i'm thinking/planning on getting one.

anyone have one? what do you think?

i know mr. tweedy describes it as "girlfriend eliminator" and "neil young in a box."

i think it looks great, and the samples online sound amazing, but i was hoping for some other opinions. thanks! :rock

I had one for a while. I noticed that, if you just use the pedal by itself and with a clean amp, you can get two sounds out of it-a clean boost or a fuzzy overdrive kind of sound (I think this is where the "Neil Young in a box" comment is appropriate). The gain knob on the pedal doesn't have a wide range of sounds under this scenario, it pretty much transitions from a pretty clean sound to gnarliness pretty quickly (at around the 3 o'clock mark). In conjunction with an overdriven amp (or an amp on the edge of overdrive), or another OD pedal, you have some more flexibility with the gain on the pedal, and I think there is where you can get the most out of the pedal. The treble and bass knobs are pretty responsive under both situations and are good for molding the sound of the Overdriver to your liking. If at all possible, try the Overdriver out before buying it and make sure that you can make it work with your rig, because they are kind of expensive.

thanks for the response, beenthere.

thankfully, what im lookin for is the the full-fuzz sound (in other words, not a huge range in gain). for my lighter OD sounds, i use an visual sound route 66 american overdrive. good to hear the treble and bass knobs work well and flexibly. often, i find that bass/treble/eq knobs on pedals seem more like decoration than usable tools.

danke again for the advice.