yes, Paul was there, and very nice to chat with ya.

Yvon, once in awhile it's fun to see a show with the rich.

very hoity-toity, more hoity than toity :D but that view was something to see.

the set list which they handed out to you as we all left, was pretty much his standerd

set from his other shows.

Our Song was all I needed. :wub chills, I tell ya, chills.

I told Paul, Mr. Tweedy & Joe would, or maybe wouldn't, make a good combo.

Since Joe told us to go see Allen Toussaint, I went...to the late show at OTS. It was also a very fun show, with Allen talking alot. His band is also very good. I am sure he has done these songs a thousand times, so the set seemed a bit canned, but it was really excellent none the less. I stuck around and shook his hand as he and his band got into a large white stretch limo after the show. I realized that he really doesn't have to play anymore, but it is cool that he does.

LouieB

joe h. toured with wilco in 1996. i missed that bus. damn.

jeff's song "the thanks i get" was intitially written for solomon burke, for the album joe was producing. drew, we were this close to getting that collaboration. when jeff introduced "thanks..." by saying that he'd written it for that record, my eyes went wide at the near miss on that one.

they handed out the set list as you left? interesting. i saw joe w/band at the getty center once. it was a free show, so there were a lot of museum members in the audience unfamiliar with the music. was your show anything like this?

• 1 month later...

Finally listened to Tiny Voices in it's entirety, and now I can't stop. I got the album a few years ago as a gift, and I liked "Sold" and "Lighthouse" right off the bat, but never really absorbed the entire album. Now I adore it. Can't wait to get more of his albums.

In addition to Tiny Voices, Civilians is excellent, as is Scar and Trampoline. Hell everything by him is good, although the earlier stuff is more folk/country oriented and the later stuff is more jazz oriented.

LouieB