Eccentric Soul series

I have them all on the computer. (MP3s) :D

Apparently, along with Norton, Numero is one of those labels my partner is gaga for.

He says for something like $100 a year, you can subscribe and get all of Numero's releases with nifty packages and stuff. If you want something in particular, I can hook you up with a yousendit link or something. :thumbup

I am really intrigued by these. Has anyone seen them in a record store, or can they only be found online?

Apparently Numero is based out of Chicago; there was a little article about them in Paste magazine this month.

Miss Loretta, can you find out more about the Numero subscription and let me know? I'd be really interested, thanks!

Anyone have any of these?

I'm listening to volumes Capsoul, Deep City, Prix and Bandit labels via my iTunes network at work. I don't know who has them, though.

Absolutely fantabulous. I gotta get my mitts on these...

I do....I spoke to the folks who put these together at Pitchfork. Told them how important their work is on this.

LouieB

It's funny to have a bunch of this music suddenly available for me to listen to - on my office's iTunes network - and not know who the person is who has them on their hard drive. Usually I can sniff out who's who by selecting a "Purchased" iTunes file and it prompts for a password (showing their email address) - but that doesn't work with this library. Kinda cool, actually, the mystery.

Apparently they come on vinyl too...

oof.

Some are, some aren't.

Heard nothing but awesome things about these. I think Louie was one of the folks who told me I need to get them. Still haven't though (slacker!@!$!)

Get with it man.... :lol

I am really intrigued by these. Has anyone seen them in a record store, or can they only be found online?

Apparently Numero is based out of Chicago; there was a little article about them in Paste magazine this month.

Miss Loretta, can you find out more about the Numero subscription and let me know? I'd be really interested, thanks!

Laurie's Planet of Sound has them in stock. They are available from some of your better retailers, though the online thing is fine directly from Numero. I wish I had the entire line, but hey, you have to draw the line somewhere.

(Working at home today....) I only own three...Bandit, Big Mack, and Twinight (double CD).

The major thing about this material is it is NOT polished or the kind of stuff you can hear from Stax or Atlantic or MoTown. Much of it is rather rough around the edges. As long as one goes into this with slightly lower expectations, you will be pleased. For fans of the Numero stuff, check out The Birmingham Sound, The Soul of Neal Hemphill, a CD put out by Chicagoan John Ciba. Clearly this type of material inhabits a nether region of underground music that most of us never knew about.

Also, if you go to the Numero website, sign up for their newsletter; it is a funny, if sometimes long winded affair.

LouieB

What's the Pitchfork connection with these?
Sorry to mislead you....none really.

There is a record dealers tent at Pitchfork, the usual Indie labels, used dealers, etc., but Numero had a table too.

I was selling used LPs with a friend right across from their table and went over and bought the Belize LP and Twinight CD directly from these guys. The reissued Twinight 45s looked pretty cool too. I am sure they thought I was nuts (who doesn't??) gushing about how important their work was and all.

LouieB

Oh, cool. I missed their table at Pitchfork. I'll check out Laurie's. Thanks!

Tell any of the staff I sent you okay? We are all good friends.....it won't guarantee a discount, but at least they will be happy to know you know me, (or not.... :cheekkiss )

The Numero table was easy to miss. I was right across the aisle and didn't even realize who it was until the second day when one of the engineers came and wanted a discount on something we were selling. Of course they didn't discount ME across the way, but it didn't matter.

LouieB

Tell any of the staff I sent you okay? We are all good friends.....it won't guarantee a discount, but at least they will be happy to know you know me, (or not.... :cheekkiss )

The Numero table was easy to miss. I was right across the aisle and didn't even realize who it was until the second day when one of the engineers came and wanted a discount on something we were selling. Of course they didn't discount ME across the way, but it didn't matter.

LouieB

Heh...will do. I think I'm going tonight before guitar class. "Louie B sent me!" :D

Heh...will do. I think I'm going tonight before guitar class. "Louie B sent me!" :D

Are you someone I know?? Wilco ensemble or something?? It is so hard to tell here.

Hey Perm..long time no see...

LouieB

No sir, I don't believe we've met! :lol

Either way...did you get the albums? I didn't make it to Laurie's yesterday, but plan to today.

Often people say they will see me and based on screen names, etc. I have no clue who they are until they tell me.

LouieB

No, didn't get a chance to...I'm hoping to make a run this weekend.

Strangely a couple came in and wiped out their supply of the Twinight 45s though. I didn't think it was you, but I wasn't sure. They have plenty of the CDs.

LouieB