Haven't heard about this...

I can't watch YouTube stuff at work, but if that's the story I'm thinking of, Jeff told it to the third Living Room Show group last year (3/3/07). At the time we were left with the impression that it shouldn't really go beyond that room (it was even edited out of the recording made of that show), but he told the story in a more open setting sometime later (I think it was at the school benefit solo show at The Vic this past January).

It's a great story. I would love to have been the guy staying between them. :thumbup

I watched that over the weekend- hadn't heard it before either. I like the (embellished?) part where there was an Uncle Tupelo fan in the house between them.

I suppose it could have been an embellishment, but it makes for a better story either way, so I've never really questioned it.

It is kind of sad. I didn't realize they parted ways on such bad terms. How Jeff explained how they hardly said two words to each other... I saw a guy I hadn't seen in 10 years back at X-mas, and even though we sort of left on bad terms as well, we forgot about the bad things and just laughed and shot the shit.

I saw a guy I hadn't seen in 10 years back at X-mas, and even though we sort of left on bad terms as well, we forgot about the bad things and just laughed and shot the shit.

The two of you probably hadn't been asked to comment on each others' lives and careers, and whether you'd ever be friends again, in numerous interviews over the past 10 years. :hmm

I posted about this before, but anyway....

When Jeff told the story at the LRS, he talked about how on the surface that this really could have been an opportunity for them to get together and get over whatever was in their pasts. I mean, here they are, basically alone in a relatively sparsely populated part of Mexico and yet.... nothing like that happened. Jeff said that that was the big lesson for him, and that he was really OK with it, and he was amazed how OK he was. (I now take that to mean no or maybe minor panic attacks.)

This had happened only a couple months prior to our show....