What's the rarest record or memorabilia you have from any band?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't one of the GTOs the voice of Suzy Creamcheese?

If I recall correctly, there was more than one girl who did the voice.

Suzy Creamcheese was a fictionally credited vocalist and character on and in a number of albums by Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention. On the album Freak Out! (which features a "letter" from Suzy Creamcheese on the back cover), Suzy Creamcheese was played by Jeannie Vassoir; on Absolutely Free and Mothermania it was Lisa Cohen; and on We're Only in It for the Money, and Uncle Meat it was Pamela Zarubica.
Edited by Analogman
Wasn't one of the GTOs the voice of Suzy Creamcheese?
sounds right....apparently this is out of print, but available from dealers on CD and cassette for either $50 or around $20 (cassette).

LouieB

Suzy Creamcheese....what's got into you???

Suzy Creamcheese....what's got into you???

"Blew your mind on too much Kool-Aid - yeah, yeah, yeah!"

OK- I'll stop hijacking the thread. Lou, do you have the poster that came with the original Absolutely Free? I would imagine that would fetch something these days in mint condition.

"Blew your mind on too much Kool-Aid - yeah, yeah, yeah!"

OK- I'll stop hijacking the thread. Lou, do you have the poster that came with the original Absolutely Free? I would imagine that would fetch something these days in mint condition.

Nope, don't recall getting one with the album sadly.

LouieB

They use to have a big box of cds for 5 dollars near the door - I also found the Moby Grape Wow/Grape Jam there. I think it was a Camelot Music store.

Funny you should mention that........yesterday I stumbled upon someones rock and country record collection circa '65 thru '72 at a moving sale. I found original mint copies of the Moby Grape double album Wow/Grape Jam (I'd sell the Wow album in a second-cripes does it suck-whats with the switch to 78 for that one tune?). I already had most but a few things stuck out-a recording of the Allman Joys (pre Allman Brothers) and a Ma Rainey best of collection. I also got two Hank Snow albums from 59 and 60 (Sings Jimmie Rodgers is one title) and the Volume 2 compilation from the Country Music Hall of Fame (I've had vol 1 for 15 years now, never knew there was a vol 2 until yesterday). A double album of Irish music classics and a Clancy Bros album as well. The price breakdown? Twenty cents a piece. I checked on Ebay last nite.........some of these albums go for $15-50 bucks. I loves me a good score.

Funny you should mention that........yesterday I stumbled upon someones rock and country record collection circa '65 thru '72 at a moving sale. I found original mint copies of the Moby Grape double album Wow/Grape Jam (I'd sell the Wow album in a second-cripes does it suck-whats with the switch to 78 for that one tune?). I already had most but a few things stuck out-a recording of the Allman Joys (pre Allman Brothers) and a Ma Rainey best of collection. I also got two Hank Snow albums from 59 and 60 (Sings Jimmie Rodgers is one title) and the Volume 2 compilation from the Country Music Hall of Fame (I've had vol 1 for 15 years now, never knew there was a vol 2 until yesterday). A double album of Irish music classics and a Clancy Bros album as well. The price breakdown? Twenty cents a piece. I checked on Ebay last nite.........some of these albums go for $15-50 bucks. I loves me a good score.

That's pretty cool. The 78 deal was a fad back then - plus, Skip was buddies with Arthur Godfrey - during the making of that album.

I was on a quest to find all the Moby Grape albums on vinyl- I have the Edsel re-issue of the first album, and a greatest hits album from the early 1970s. But - since Sundazed put them all out on cd a few moths ago, I am not so worried about it now.

Edited by Analogman

I have an original vinyl copy of

? and The Mysterians - 96 Tears

It's in pretty good shape and all. Is that worth anything?

It's in pretty good shape and all. Is that worth anything?

I would think so. Is it the LP or 45? (I can look it up...label, color, date, etc.)

LouieB

Yea, people actually HAD turntables that switched to 78 back then (I still have one actually) so you could listen to it at that speed. I found a copy of that once...

LouieB

heh.....I checked to see if mine did.....after I realized that they werent kidding.

I would think so. Is it the LP or 45? (I can look it up...label, color, date, etc.)

LouieB

LP

heh.....I checked to see if mine did.....after I realized that they werent kidding.
Yea, not kidding.......after rehabing my turntable that does have 78 I should really go back and listen to this again. I have not in some years or maybe ever..not sure.

LouieB

As well as their second LP .Also still got tons of PVC on The Seeds,Standells,13th Floor El.Leaves,Leaves,Fugs,Electric Prunes etc.

Always a nice place to feel king for a day:http://www.musicstack.com/show.cgi

I have the Fugs LPs....

I also have the box set of the complete sessions of Charlie Parker in Dial that was released on Warner Brothers a few decades ago. It may not be worth all that much (I paid the exhorbitant price of $100 at the time), but it is pretty cool none the less.

LouieB

I have the Fugs LPs....

So... I guess you like boobsalot?

I have 4 of the 5 Elvis Sun 45s.

Beatles mono butcher/pasteover

country/jazz/blues 78s (Howlin' Wolf, Fatts Waller, Hank Williams, T-Bone Walker, etc. from my Dad)

Velvet Underground/Banana/Emerson

M Ward promo cassette ('97)

I have a reel-to-reel of Country Joe & The Fish. It's an official Vanguard release in excellent confition. I don't think it's ever been played.

here.gif

He is playing in Sacramento in a couple of weeks. I just might bring it down to get signed.

Valuable, prized, and able to enjoy ( a stamp it ain't)

mint 1a/1a Promo stamped and labeled:

NEIL YOUNG

ON THE BEACH

signed by Neil

I have others may be worth more but this is my most prized. I can't think of what could top it unless I got Dylan to autograph my Mono Blonde on Blonde.

C

Yesterday, I was invited to have first pick at a collection that was for sale. About 500 lps, primarily made up of 50s and 60s. I grabbed about 50 that he's currently pricing and left with a sweet Magical Mystery Tour and mono Flowers from the Rolling Stones. The condition of the entire collection was impressive. Boxes of 45s and their respective picture sleeves included beatles, elvis and many assorted early pop stars. The blues 78s were terrific. Elmore james and several Lightnin' Hopkins :dancing

We will see if he prices me out, but the first transaction (allowing a few to go home with me) went very well!

I have a reel-to-reel of Country Joe & The Fish. It's an official Vanguard release in excellent confition. I don't think it's ever been played.

here.gif

He is playing in Sacramento in a couple of weeks. I just might bring it down to get signed.

I had Country Joe sign my copy of "Electric Music for the Mind and Body" a couple of years ago at a show he did here. I found him to be a very approachable, down-to-earth guy. In fact I shot the bull with him during a great deal of Paul Kantner's set.