ALTWYS - Capo 5 version

Hey, all. I am trying to put together a good verison of this song for Capo 5 (could only find the open position version).

Here is my reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wNtp81Ks9M...feature=related

I am having difficulty getting the solo to sound right. Can someone take a look and help a brother out?

Two questions:

1. at about 2:00 in the video we hear something like this:

e-----2h3-3~-----2h3-3~------------------------------------------
B-----3----------3------------3----------------------------------
G---2----------2--------------0----------------------------------
D-0----------0----------0--4-------------------------------------
A----------------------------------------------------------------
E----------------------------------------------------------------

This is not quite right. Anyone know what he is doing? (he barely moves his hand outta that D position).

2. Check out 2:35 in the video and you can see Jeff playing the Main Solo Riff. I thought he was playing this:

e----2-----0-----0-----------------------------------------------
B---------------------3---2---0-----------2----0------0----------
G----------------------------------------------------------------
D----------------------------------------------------------------
E-0-----0-----0-----0---0---0---0------0-----0-----0--------------

e----------------------------------------------------------------
B----------------------------------------------------------------
G---2-----2p0----------------------------------------------------
D--------------4-------------------------------------------------
E-0----0---------------------------------------------------------

but clearly not (same notes, maybe, but different postion on the fretboard).

Can anyone help me out here, as well?

Here is what I have for the rest of the tune:

Wilco - At Least Thats What You Said 
[ Std / Capo 5 ]

Intro/Verse Riffs:
 Em
e----------------------------------------------------------------
B----------------------------------------------------------------
G----------------------------------------------------------------
D----0h2------0h2------0h2-----0h2-------0h2------0h2p0----------
A----2--------2--------2-------2--------2---------2--------------
E-0--------0--------0-------0--------0---------0-----------------

D
e---2-----2h3p2-----2--------------------------------------------
B---3-----3---------3--------------------------------------------
G---2-----2---------2--------------------------------------------
D------0---------0-----------------------------------------------
E-0--------------------------------------------------------------

Em
When I sat down on the bed next to you
			D
You started to cry
	Em
I said, maybe if I leave, you'll want me
		 D
To come back home

Em						D
Or maybe all you mean, is leave me alone
  G					 D
At least that's what you said

Em					  
You're irresistible 
		 D
when you get mad
Em
Isn't it sad, 
D
I'm immune

Em  
I thought it was cute 
			   D
For you to kiss My purple black eye
		  Em
Even though I caught it from you
				D
I still think we're serious
  G					 D
At least that's what you said

Okay, I'll give it a go, let me just grab my guitar here...

capo (5th fret) (6th fret if you're in standard tuning)

E-----------------------------------

B-----------------------------------

G-----------------------------------

D--0--2--4---4--2--4---4--5--7--

A--0-(0)---------------------------

E-----------------------------------

E---------------------------------------------------------------------------

B----7------5--------3--2--0------------3----2----0------p--------------

G-----------------------------------------------------------2--0------0---

D-------------------------------0--2/--4----2---0----0-----------4------

A-7-----7---------5------------------------------------------------------

E-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to listen to this through laptop speakers so this is the best I can do for now. Hopefully this helps a bit.

There was a big discussion about this around a couple of years ago: At Least That's What I Tabbed

And this was my go that came out of it (I can't figure out why the beat markers jump to the next line). All of it is dropped-D, capo 5:

Intro:

1..+.....+.....+.....+.....2..+.....+.....+.....+.......3..+.....+.....+.....+.....4..+.....+.....+.....+......

a--------------------------|----------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|

E--0--------0--------0-----|--0--0-----0----------------|--------------------------|-----------------------0--|

C--0--------0--0-----0-----|--0--0-----0----------------|--0-----------------------|-----------------------0--|

G--0--2-----0--2-----0--2--|--0--2-----0--0h2---0-0h2p0-|--0--2--4-----------------|--------------------------|

D--2--2-----2--2-----2--2--|--2--2-----2----------------|--0--0--0-----------------|--------------------------|

G--2-----------2-----------|--2--2----------------------|--0--0--0-----------------|--------------------------|

5..+.....+.....+.....+.....6..+.....+.....+.....+.........7..+.....+.....+.....+.....8..+.....+.....+.....+......

a--------------------------|------------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|

E--------------------------|--0--0-----0------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|

C--------------0-----0--0--|--0--0-----0------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|

G--0--2-----0--2-----0--2--|--0--2-----0--0h2---0h2p0-----|--4--0--------------------|--------------------------|

D--2-----------2-----2-----|-----2--------------------0---|--0-----------------------|--------------------------|

G--2-----------------2-----|-----2------------------------|--0-----------------------|--------------------------|

Rocking out:

1..V.....^.....V.....^.....V.....^.....V.....^.....2..V.....^.....V.....^.....V.....^.....V.....^......

a--------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------|

E--0-----------------------0-----------------------|--------------------------0-----------------------|

C--0-----------------------0-----------------------|--------------------------0-----------------------|

G--0-h2--------------------0-h2--------------0-h2--|--0h2---------------------0-h2---------0----0-h2--|

D--------------2-----------------2-----2-----------|--2-----------2-----------------2-----------------|

G--------------2-----0-----------2-----------------|--2-----------------2-----------2-----------------|

3..V.....^.....V.....^.....V.....^.....V.....^.....4..V.....^.....V.....^.....V.....^.....V.....^......

a--------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------|

E--------------------------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------|

C--------------2-----------------------------------|--------------------------------------------------|

G--------------0-----------4-----2-----4-----------|--4-----2-----4-----------4-----5----/7-----------|

D--0-----------------------0-----------------------|--0-----------------------0-----------------------|

G--0-----------------------0-----------------------|--0-----------------------0-----------------------|

And then there are the familiar chords which are more complicated than Am and G but I can�t hear what the guitar is playing what with the piano in the way so just do something and make sure your piano player is louder than you.

Riff! (Which actually isn�t that much of a riff since there are subtle changes that occur each go around. Whether it still qualifies as a riff will depend on the metaphysics of riff-dom):

1..+.....+.....+.....+.....2..+.....+.....+.....+.....3..+.....+.....+.....+.....4..+.....+.....+.......+......

a-----2--------0-----------|--------------------------|--------------------------|----------------------------|

E--------------------------|-----3-----2-----0--------|--------------------------|----------------------------|

C--------------------------|--------------------0-----|-----7--------6-----------|-----4------------2-0----0--|

G--2--------2--------0-----|--0-----0--------------0--|--------0-----------------|-----------0----------4-----|

D-----------------------0--|--------------------------|-/9--------7--------7\----|-\0-----------0-------------|

G--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|----------------------------|

5..+.....+.....+.....+.....6..+.....+.....+.....+.....7..+.....+.....+.....+.....8..+.....+.....+.......+......

a-----2--------0-----------|--------------------------|--------------------------|----------------------------|

E--------------------------|-----3-----2-----0--------|--------------------------|----------------------------|

C--------------------------|--------------------------|-----7--------6-----------|-----4------------2-0----0--|

G--2--------2--------0-----|--0-----0-----------0-----|--------------------------|-----------0--4-------4-----|

D-----------------------0--|-----------------------0--|--9--------7--------7--0--|-/5-----------0-------------|

G--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------0-------------|

9..+.....+.....+.....+.....10.+.....+.....+.....+.....11.+.....+.....+.....+.....12.+.....+.....+.......+......

C----------------------(0)-|--------------------0-----|-----7--------6-----------|-----4----p0------2p0-------|

G--2--------2--------2-----|--0-----0--------------0--|--------------------------|----------------------4--0--|

D-----------------------2--|--------------------------|-/9-----9-\7--------7\----|-/5-----------0-------------|

G--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|----------------------------|

13.+.....+.....+.....+.....14.+.....+.....+.....+.....15.+.....+.....+.....+.....16.+.....+.....+.......+......

C--------------------------|--------------------0-----|-----7--------6-----------|-----4----------------------|

G--2--------2--------0-----|--0-----0--------------0--|--------0-----------0-----|-----------4------7-5-4--0--|

D-----------------------0--|--------------------------|--9--------7-----------0--|-/5-----------0-------------|

That doesn't really help you tab the actual solo that comes after the riff, but maybe you'll wring some benefit out of it.

Wow, Thanks!!

Much appreciated.

No problem.

cheers.gif

Yeah, I tabbed this before I saw a video like the one you linked to, so the positions don't seem exactly right. From the video above it looks like the first time the riff comes around he's down at the first position like I tabbed. Subsequent times, he's up around the 7th (12th) fret like GtrPlyr suggested and moves the neck (again, drop-D, capo 5):

a--------------------------|--------------------------|--------------------------|----------------------------|

E-----7--------5-----------|-----3-----2-----0--------|--------------------------|----------------------------|

C--------------------------|--------------------0-----|-----7--------6-----------|-----4------------2-0----0--|

G--------------------0-----|-----------------------0--|--------0-----------------|-----------0----------4-----|

D--7--------7-----------0--|--5-----5-----------------|-/9--------7--------7\----|-\0-----------0-------------|

Or some such. Ultimately, do whichever feels comfortable.