So I finally bought my first iPod - I got the 80gb classic. I realize now that I missed the boat on getting manuals and guides that explain how to use this thing because all it came with was a "quick start manual" that was no help at all. I guess they figure everyone on Earth already has had about 2-3 iPods and they don't need to include these things any longer. So I figured out itunes and I actually have some music on the thing, but now I have quesitons about hearing said music. Here are my initial quesitons:

1. What do I need to buy to hook this thing into my car so I can listen while I drive? We have a new car (with an ipod jack in the center console) and a 1999 vehicle with a CD player and 2 aux jacks.

2. Can I get some kind of chord that plugs into my stereo at home so I can hear the music on my home stero system speakers? I have a Harman Kardon HK3480 Stereo Receiver.

3. Is there any other accesories that I can't live without?

Any help is appreciated - Thanks in advance.

Go to Radio Shack and tell them what you want to do. They'll hook you up.

If your receiver has a spare pair of RCA inputs, just get a cable that will run from your iPod's headphone jack to the receiver and don't mess with that wireless stuff (my personal opinion).

For the iPod jack in the car you just need a 3.5 mm male to male cable. About $4.

I got one at the Apple store in the mall that is retractable. When you're not using it, you give it a quick tug and it will spool itself back up into the center spool... thingy. Pretty cool.