Love - Forever Changes(Re-Release)2 CD

The difference:

February 2001 reissue Bonus Tracks

Hummingbirds (demo)

Wonder People (I Do Wonder)

Alone Again Or (alternate mix)

You Set the Scene (alternate mix)

Your Mind And We Belong Together (tracking session highlights)

Your Mind And We Belong Together

Laughing Stock

April 2008 reissue Bonus Tracks

# Alone Again Or (Alternate Mix)*

# A House Is Not a Motel (Alternate Mix)*

# Andmoreagain (Alternate Mix)*

# The Daily Planet (Alternate Mix)*

# Old Man (Alternate Mix)*

# The Red Telephone (Alternate Mix)*

# Maybe The People Would Be The Times Or Between Clark And Hilldale (Alternate Mix)*

# Live And Let Live (Alternate Mix)*

# The Good Humor Man He Sees Everything Like This (Alternate Mix)*

# You Set The Scene (Alternate Mix)

# Wonder People ( I Do Wonder) (Outtake)*

# Hummingbirds (Demo)

# A House Is Not A Motel ( Backing Track)*

# Andmoreagain (Alternate)*

# The Red Telephone (Tracking Sessions HIghlights)*

# Wooly Bully (Outtake)*

# Alone Again Or (Mono Single Remix)*

# You Mind And We Belong Together (Tracking Sessions Highlights)

# Your MInd And We Belong Together

# Laughing Stock

• 4 weeks later...
Arthur Lee Documentary "Love Story' Due July 29 On DVD

The feature-length documentary about mercurial frontman Arthur Lee and his proto-psychedelic rock band Love, will finally see a release on DVD later this summer on July 29.

Produced and directed by first-time film makers Chris Hall & Mike Kerry, "Love Story," the film was originally shot in 2005 and '06 and had its world premiere at the 50th London Film Festival in October 2006 (its US premiere came in 2007 at the Los Angeles Film Festival, but never did find a regular theatrical release).

Lee die in Memphis at the age of 61 following a battle with acute myeloid leukaemia, but the film features interviews with him, plus all surviving original band members, Johnny Echols, Michael Stuart, Alban 'Snoopy' Pfisterer, as well as never-bef0re seen footage of the late Bryan Maclean. The doc aslo boasts the inclusion of Elektra Records head Jac Holzman, producer Bruce Botnick, The Doors' John Densmore, and Bobby Gillespie & Mani from Primal Scream.

The story of Love is a rather tragic one. The group were on top of the flower-power acid-rock scene in the '60s and made big fans out of Jimi Hendrix and the Doors, but rampant heroin addiction soon ripped the band apart.

Lee soldiered on with various unimpressive line-ups that did little to buoy the Love reputation. From there, he went mostly batshit crazy, constantly displaying erratic behaviour and having several brush-ups with johnny law. In 1996 he was finally incarcerated for six years on firearms offences. Conviction overturned in 2001, Lee got his shit together and started playing out again under a new Love banner, played a series of successful shows, and was able to see the band's reputation restored and the re-fetting of the seminal 1967 album Forever Changes before his death in August of 2006.

Lee died shortly after the filming was completed. The DVD will contain a hour of bonus material, including interview footage with Lee, Ken Livingstone, Mick & John Head from Shack, Mike Randle & Rusty Squeezebox and performance footage from Alban "Snoopy" Pfisterer. Liner notes were affectionately penned by Love-enthusiast Primal Scream's Bobby Gillespie.

Ah good.....reselling classic 60s LPs again and again....

LouieB

Yeah.

I just bought the '05 or whatever re-release.

Jeez.

I grabbed the reissue last week. This is now the 3rd version of this record I've owned. I guess I must really like it :).

I got the 2001 reissue in the cut-out bin for $5 a few years ago. Honestly, there's a couple good tunes but overall.....I dont see what all the fuss is about.

Strangely I have been saying this for years. I like this album, since I had a roommate that had all their albums and we played them alot. But honestly I don't think the re-re-re-issue of this album is warrented (have we included the Love boxset that included the entire thing also??)

LouieB