Anyone here from Scotland?

I'm taking some documentary photography courses over the summer in Scotland. I'm from Ohio, and I have never been overseas. What's the weather like in July and August? In general, you like Scotland or not so much?

Just tell me anything about Scotland if you have an interesting tidbit. Anyone live there?

I don't live in Scotland but I have visited! Edinburgh is one of my all time favorite cities. The castle and the city are amazing. Edinburgh has great nightlife too! I spent some time in Glasgow and Stirling both which I also enjoyed. My only negative is the prices. Coming from the USA it is hard to do anything there without spending tons of cash! I think my average lunch at a pub ran about $25-30. Can't comment much on the weather. Was there in November and we lucked out wiht clear slightly chilly days! Whisky kept me warm though! :thumbup

Guest Jules
I don't live in Scotland but I have visited! Edinburgh is one of my all time favorite cities. The castle and the city are amazing. Edinburgh has great nightlife too! I spent some time in Glasgow and Stirling both which I also enjoyed. My only negative is the prices. Coming from the USA it is hard to do anything there without spending tons of cash! I think my average lunch at a pub ran about $25-30. Can't comment much on the weather. Was there in November and we lucked out wiht clear slightly chilly days! Whisky kept me warm though! :thumbup

So, you're answer is no?

I'm not from there either..but I lived in the UK for a good amount of time. Their summer starts after ours...so you will be going during their summer but when they get to temperatures of 90 or higher they say they are having a heat wave...it will probably rain while you are there a good deal as well...this past summer they had a HUGE amount of rainfall...there was flooding in a good deal of areas. So take some hoodies as well as shorts! Small umbrellas are a must as well. If you miss America you can go to Glasgow, their main shopping street resembles America..with the Gap, TGI Fridays and many other stores that are from the US.

edit: oh yes they are on the pound..which means pretty much everything you are paying will be 2x or more what you'd pay in America. They get the real deal coming here paying 1/2 (or better) from what they'd pay in the UK for clothing, etc. Which is why so many UK citizens have holidays in America...they come and stock up on clothing which is a lot cheaper. So really think about how much money you will be taking with you. Make sure you do have some of their currency before you get over there...that way you can get snacks in the airport if you need to as well as get the train/bus to wherever you are going.

Edinburgh is one of my all time favorite cities.

Yeah, that's cool. We will be staying in Edinburgh most of the time, but can travel anywhere in the country to work on photo stories/essays. The Fringe Festival will also be happening while I'm there, which I'm pumped about.

"Anyone here from Scotland?" sounds like it would be the punchline to one of those racy-for-the-1950s jokes that my Uncle Jack likes to tell (most of them take place in an Irish-workingmen's boarding house in London).