I know, I know... that some people get annoyed when people post their music, but I feel like I've been around long enough to do this.

Here is my new album, called "Places & Faces" by Drew Angerer. It was recorded Dec. 2007 - April 2008. I would call it indie rock I suppose. Some have said I have a similar sound to Death Cab, Elliott Smith in the vocals, and Ben Folds. Their words, not mine. But, I worked hard on this, and would like to get some opinions other than those of friends and family. It's far from perfect, but it's something I can call my own.

So, if you have a spare 30 minutes to give this a listen, I would appreciate any feedback.

Here is the link to the album in full: Places & Faces - Drew Angerer

Drew, I will give this a listen as time allows. Question - do you play around Dayton? Canal Street Tavern? It would be nice to catch you if I happen to be in the area (I have good friends there).

I'm downloading right now and will definitely give it a listen this week. Thanks for sharing your work.

I know I haven't heard it yet but I was just wondering if this is something you recorded by yourself or with a band.

gtr plyr- all played all the instruments on the album, no band

mountainbed- I'm from Dayton, but I go to school at Ohio University in Athens. Maybe over the summer I'll play around Dayton? I'm not sure yet. I'd like to assemble some sort of band for shows, because everything just sounds so sparse by myself.

gtr plyr- all played all the instruments on the album, no band

Sounds good, that's how I do it too :).

Four songs in: I like what you're doing here so far. Nice atmosphere, and I like that the songs aren't structured in a predictable format. Also like that you didn't over do the production with too many layers. I'll say more once I've listened a bit more...

Downloading now.

Looking forward to the listen.

Very cool. The variety of musical parts drifts in and out like a tide or a breeze. Something reminds me a bit of Sufjan Stevens, with greater musical complexity. Good work. Are you going to put it out on CD or something?

Thanks for listening and thanks for the comments, a. miller. And yeah, I have physical copies here in my apartment that I'm distributing to friends and family and such. I think I'm gonna register with CD Baby soon, just to get it out on their site and itunes and all that jazz. A one time 35 dollar fee doesn't seem too bad. If I sell a handful copies, I break even. I'll take the risk.

Drew, this is way cool. Very professional.

My favorite part of all this is how you really just made the music YOU wanted to make. Took your time, polished up the parts until they shined like you wanted them to.

I find this pretty Shins-y in places, probably mostly the double-tracked vocals. Also the spacy (maybe "reverb"?) aesthetic on some tunes. Personally I preferred the more straight-ahead tracks (like "March" and "Old Friends"), but I know that's just taste in production values.

Great work dude. Again: the best thing is that you are doing what YOU want to do, as far as I can tell. Keep at it! :thumbup

I listened and I dug it.

Can't really comment on any specifics until I give it a few more spins, but I wanted you to know that there is at least one more person on here who checked it out. And appreciated it.