Spygate  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Does Spygate ruin the Patriots' accomplishments

• yes, put an * next to their Superbowl championships
    • It lessens their credibilty, but they still earned them
    • Spygate is just the losing team's excuse

Matt Walsh's new "evidence" hasn't panned out, and although I do agree that the NFL is trying to sweep it "under the rug", I also think it's time to move on.

Defensive signals should be changed every game...you're allowed to tape them from certain vantage points, the Patriots just taped them from illegal spots. The rules could technically be interpreted as saying you can't tape the signals and use them for the same game...but still, Bellichick had to be trying.

As a Patriots fan, I'm ready to move on, the team proved it's credibility with an amazing run last season while under heavy scrutiny.

Let's hope this dark chapter of an otherwise amazing Bellichick era comes to a close soon.

I voted for the 2nd option. Yes, I feel as though the Belicheck years have still been INCREDIBLE, and the teams accomplishments are still amazing, it is a little sad to know that the team was still willing to do it after getting the memo saying explicitly not to do it. That said, I do agree that the Matt Walsh thing is a joke and I have no problems even if the team did use cameras during the Rams super bowl. It wasn't necessarily illegal at that point. I think everyone's trying to sweep it under the rug at this point, or at least, they should be.

Not sports-wise.

That is correct.

And their city news (Boston proper) is also better than the Globe's. It is certainly more sensational but they cover the neighborhoods of the city much more thoroughly.

I suppose it is happening to newspapers all over but it is amazing (and discouraging) to see the talent that has left the Globe in the last 18 months.

• 3 weeks later...