Jeff talks about his amps

Good point. I've always been a little surprised that Vox (at least recently, they may have made them in the past) has never made an all-tube lower wattage recording amp based on the AC15/AC30 models. A little ~5 watt all-tube Vox would be pretty awesome.

Good point. I've always been a little surprised that Vox (at least recently, they may have made them in the past) has never made an all-tube lower wattage recording amp based on the AC15/AC30 models. A little ~5 watt all-tube Vox would be pretty awesome.

what about the vox ac5??

Who the hell want's to record with a vox..............................them dudes have every little known class a 5 watter out there.

The heratige series are fine stage amps!

I checked the Vox showroom website, and they have a AC-4 and AC-10 listed, but no AC-5. As far as I know, Vox hasn't made any lower-wattage tube-based amps in quite a while.

Good point, oceanman, there are quite a few 5W Class A amps out there (Swart, etc.), and I know Wilco has used Swart amps in the past (maybe for recording, at the very least for backstage pre-show warm-ups). I was just bemoaning the fact that Vox didn't make one currently.

• 1 month later...
They were smart enough to exclude the fact that he probably doesn't record much on those Vox amps.

Still kick ass stuff though, I'd be happy to get an endorsement. I guess I better sit here and hold my breath.

even the da 5 breaks up pretty good for a toy...