And I am ill prepared, yet I have an awesome idea: I am thinking of taking Scott for a long weekend to a great "spiritual" spot here in the US.

October is the timeframe, though I would wait for the right place. Ideas where I should take him include Sedona and Mt. Shasta.

I have gotten a nice raise so while money is always an object, we have a little extra now.

Thoughts? I need to have the framework together by, say 11:00 tonight... YIKES

And I am ill prepared, yet I have an awesome idea: I am thinking of taking Scott for a long weekend to a great "spiritual" spot here in the US.

October is the timeframe, though I would wait for the right place. Ideas where I should take him include Sedona and Mt. Shasta.

I have gotten a nice raise so while money is always an object, we have a little extra now.

Thoughts? I need to have the framework together by, say 11:00 tonight... YIKES

Northern Virginia can be quite spiritual.

Seriously, for me, the ocean is the most serene and relaxing place on earth. Especially in October. Some lovely little beach cottage on a little island in maine, or Washington State...

Sedona was the first place that popped into my head before I read your mention of it. Big spiritual joint, that. Crestone, CO is world-known for it's spiritual qualities, too.

Sedona is an hour away from Prescott. Sedona is beautiful. Hike the airplane crash trail.

Wow -- I figured it was close to you....Do you know of any places to go or avoid there (besides your place :P )

Wow -- I figured it was close to you....Do you know of any places to go or avoid there (besides your place :P )

mostly just trails. oh and a good health food store. some good bike shops but that's about it. we try to stay away from Sedona for the most part. ha.

mostly just trails. oh and a good health food store. some good bike shops but that's about it. we try to stay away from Sedona for the most part. ha.

Yeah, that's part of the turnoff for me. It feels like the disney world of spirituality. Neither of us have been there, so maybe the right thing to do is to stay somewhere not far so we can visit, but not actually stay in Sedona.

Mt Shasta is about an hour from Sacramento; its another place Scott has wanted to go.

Happy Anniversary! I have no great suggestions for you although we found Joshua Tree incredibly peaceful and serene. But, you know, it's the frickin' desert.

I was just looking at mt shasta sites; sadly the place is on fricking fire right now so maybe the desert isn't a bad idea. That or the ocean (yes Jen, I hear you :cheekkiss)

Yeah, that's part of the turnoff for me. It feels like the disney world of spirituality. Neither of us have been there, so maybe the right thing to do is to stay somewhere not far so we can visit, but not actually stay in Sedona.

Mt Shasta is about an hour from Sacramento; its another place Scott has wanted to go.

have you ever climbed a fourteener? that's some spirituality. frankly I have found more spirituality in my backyard than in Sedona. it's gorgeous and all but you're take on it is pretty accurate. it's all around us. spirituality that is. my take anyway.

have you ever climbed a fourteener? that's some spirituality. frankly I have found more spirituality in my backyard than in Sedona. it's gorgeous and all but you're take on it is pretty accurate. it's all around us. spirituality that is. my take anyway.

What is a fourteener :unsure

While we talk a big game, Scott has a permanently bad knee so big time hiking is kind of out of the question. We like spiritual places that don't cause us pain.

We like spiritual places that don't cause us pain.

Me too! Happy anniversary!

Oh, I know... and yes, I think that places that are supposedly "votexes" etc are no more spiritual than one's own kitchen.

I think we just need a cool getaway spot.