5:05 - More Paul Westerberg just released...

Looks like Paul has given us the missing 5:05 from the last release: http://studio.tunecore.com/store/product/47

After the ridiculously cheap 49:00, I was happy to be able to pay $5.05 for this.

This definitely feels like a reaction to something that must have happened regarding the 49:00 release. I guess some copyright holders took issue with the song medley. This would account for its being pulled from Amazon.

I'm thinking for Paul's next release he could do a nice medley of He's So Fine/My Sweet Lord :D.

Here's the lyrics as best I can make out:

[voice over]

That was the voice of Adolf Hitler, the most ferocious dictator the world has ever known. For 13 years he led a reign of terror. During that period, his public appearances created a state of mass hypnosis among his many followers. His speech over, the crowds would shout, "Seig Heil! Seig Heil!"

And then break forth in joyous song - joyous song - break forth - break forth ...

All your clients

Who all are giants

They sit by their supplies

And see so many flies

I ain’t about the money

If you wanna sue me

Can’t see through me

Bring on a lawsuit

I’ll bring my swimsuit

All you girls and guys

And join the 5:05

5:05

(…church… places of worship… non-taxable…)

Hey

The loneliest place on earth

You act like they died

Just to be on your…

I better say a prayer to the Ramones

If they wanna sue me

Can’t see through me

Bring on a lawsuit

I’ll bring the swimsuit

All you girls and guys

Make some noise

And join the 5:05

Non-taxable

Tell me you decide

Hey!

Ho!

????? Ramones?

What they do there (???)

I really don’t know

All you girls and guys

Join the 5:05

C’mon and fly the flag, high

If you wanna sue me

Can’t see through me

The spider is surprised

Bring on a lawsuit

I’ll bring my swimsuit

C’mon make some noise

(places of worship… non-taxable)

Fuck you!

Fuck you!

Looks like Paul has given us the missing 5:05 from the last release: http://studio.tunecore.com/store/product/47

After the ridiculously cheap 49:00, I was happy to be able to pay $5.05 for this.

hilarious. I also pitched in the extra couple of bucks... why not? seems like it might be going to his legal defense fund anyway.

This definitely feels like a reaction to something that must have happened regarding the 49:00 release. I guess some copyright holders took issue with the song medley. This would account for its being pulled from Amazon.

yeah, it's now apparent that's what happened. wonder who did the bitching/threatening?

Here's the lyrics as best I can make out:

[voice over]

That was the voice of Adolf Hitler, the most ferocious dictator the world has ever known. For 13 years he led a reign of terror. During that period, his public appearances created a state of mass hypnosis among his many followers. His speech over, the crowds would shout, "Zeig Heil! Zeig Heil!"

the little Hitler speech and the ensuing "analysis" sounds like it's from an episode of South Park. Wonder if Paul got permission from Trey & Matt... :lol

anyway, cool little track & funny story... I could get used to this... :dancing

the little Hitler speech and the ensuing "analysis" sounds like it's from an episode of South Park. Wonder if Paul got permission from Trey & Matt... :lol

anyway, cool little track & funny story... I could get used to this... :dancing

It sounds like something the South Park guys might have done. For all I know it's Paul using tape speed controls to change his voice.

I'm sure we'll hear more about why the 49:00 record was pulled in the future. The song already give us a pretty good idea.

I don't think the low price point helped matters. I have a feeling that it must have pissed off a few industry types worried about the precedence it was setting. The apparent copyright infringement was of course the easiest way to attack the record.

edit: I just found a reference to the Hitler quote here: http://www.markprindle.com/mount.htm

an album of indecipherable Hitler speeches ("That was the sound of Adolf Hitler, the most ferocious dictator that the world has ever known!")

completely agree on this!

I'm wondering if he could have kept this out of amazon, etc. if he wouldn't be running into issues. Posting this on his website for free download, or charitable donation as some bands have done? I really like '49'... looking forward to 5:05. :dancing

i can not stop listening to 49:0 I love it!!!!

Me too! I think it might be my most played disc of 2008.

'Sieg' not 'Zieg' -- It's the German word for 'victory.'

I pasted the intro part from another board and didn't read it over. That's what I get for not proofreading.

I pasted the intro part from another board and didn't read it over. That's what I get for not proofreading.

No big deal, the way it's pronounced sounds very similar to the English 'z.' I was a nerdy Germanistik major...so finding and being able to correct such mistakes is one of my few skills.

No big deal, the way it's pronounced sounds very similar to the English 'z.' I was a nerdy Germanistik major...so finding and being able to correct such mistakes is one of my few skills.

I grew up with the German language--my Mom is from Berlin--so I know of what you speak ;).