I'm buying a new bed

Word is on the tempurpedic that they are very hot to sleep on, cause they do not breathe like a normal mattress. They're also really, really damn difficult to move them anywhere once they "deflate" from shipping.

One thing I vowed to do was not to go cheap on bedding. A good bed is worth its weight in gold. So taking my own advice I went to Bloomingdales and spent $1800 on a qualty queen size mattress. Best $1800 I ever spent (The name of the mattress though slips me now). Also Bloomingdales had a program that you can test out the beds for 30 days or so. If you don't like it you can get another bed (Some cathes though forget what)

Some additional food for thought. The salesman told me the Rolls Royce of beds is the Shifman? The Queen Shiftman was $15,000! I layed down on it for one minute and boy o boy! Heavnley! When I win the lottery or come across a huge sum of money this will be one of the first things I will purchase!

Hello, helpful VCers. I'm in the market for a new bed. I've had the same one for the last 15 years and I've started getting back pain after sleeping the last couple years. So....I think it might be time for a new mattress.

A few questions --

Can I just buy a new mattress and keep the same box springs? This would be awesome, cause it would save me some money.

Anyone have any suggestions on brands, styles, etc.? I think I'd like to get a pillow top. I'm not sure what a fair price is for a good bed. A friend said around $1000 ( :blink ).

EDIT: I'm looking at either a queen size or a full, if that makes any difference on price suggestions.

are you flirting with me?