Noise my Deluxe Reverb is making

OK, today I bought myself the Fender Deluxe Reverb 65 Re-issue. I brought it home and for the most part it sounds great! It was on sale for $799 at GC and I'm happy except for one problem.

When I plug into the "vibrato" channels and I crank it up till I get some drive then the high frequencies have a fuzz sound. This occurs only on the vibrato channel, the "normal" channel is fine. This noise occurs whether or not I have the vibrato or reverb actually on or not, that doesn't matter.

When I use my overdrive pedal (Modded TS-9) you can really hear the noise I'm talking about. Even at low volumes; if I'm getting any sort of gain out of the amp with the help of a pedal the highs have a fuzz noise along with them. Any volume through the normal channels with the tube screamer and it sounds great.

so what's causing this noise? it's not overwhelming, it's pretty faint but I definitely hear it and it's enough to bother me since I just spent over $800.

thanks guys!

i suspect your amp was a demo/floor model? I would expect the fuzz is coming from a bad preamp tube (most likely), or the treble bleed cap between the 2 jacks on the vib channel...retube the 12at7

it was a floor model. so Guitar Center should probably give me a new tube for free right? thanks for the help. i figured it might be a pre-amp tube since it was only on the vibrato channel. i'll check it out.

the amp has two 12at7 tubes. one closest to the power tubes and one second to last in the direction away from the power tubes. would one of these be more likely to cause the problem than the other...? maybe I could try switching those two tubes and see what happens?

am i in danger of damaging my amp at all if i play it like this for a few hours?

sorry i wasnt more specific...one 12at7 is for the reverb drive, one is for the vibrato...look at the tube chart on the inside of the amp and determine which is for the vib (id look for you but im stuck in New Orleans)...you wont hurt the amp by swapping the tubes around, but make sure you do it unplugged and that you keep track of which tube my be bad...