Ghost Busters!

• 2 years later...

Just read another rumour of this thing.

I'm not sure who their source is, but I am a little bit wary of how true all of this is.

Still, if it is true, this had better be good. Although, I'm not sure how it can be...

LINK

It’s been 21 years since the last Ghostbusters film. There have been tons of rumors around a third film in the franchise, but now we have word that the long awaited movie is coming to a theater near you. Director Ivan Reitman confirmed to PasteMagazine that there will in fact be a third Ghostbusters movie. The movie, which is set to start filming in May 2011, is not without some controversy.

In 2008, Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky were called upon to pen a new script for the film, and the duo did just that, with a little help from Dan Akroyd. After the original idea was trashed by Bill Murray because of the planned screen-writers work on the Harold Ramis directed “Year One.” Bill Murray as well as original cast members Sigourney Weaver, Akroyd, Harold Ramis, Rick Moranis and Ernie Hudson will all return for the flick. The rumored plot calls for the original 4 to bring along a group of up and coming Ghostbusters, plus some additional twists.

Just read another rumour of this thing.

I'm not sure who their source is, but I am a little bit wary of how true all of this is.

Still, if it is true, this had better be good. Although, I'm not sure how it can be...

LINK

Yes, this story has been kicking around since Year One came into theatres in 2009 and stunk the joint out. The movie that is.

Anyways, the idea of putting the old Ghostbusters in the background while the new recruits come into the story has also been described by every movie site.

Now, the other rumor is that Oscar (Sigourney Weaver's son from Ghostbusters 2) is supposed to be the main character out of the new recruits.

Why do I constantly see Michael Cera in this role? (hopefully they get a bit more creative than that)

The other twist is that Oscar may or may not be the son of Peter Venkman.

And on top of that the main plot has been rumored to hinge on the death of Peter Venkman and his ghost moving the story forward.

This may have been why Bill Murray hated the idea of coming back as a dead character, so maybe this has changed.

Yes, this story has been kicking around since Year One came into theatres in 2009 and stunk the joint out. The movie that is.

Anyways, the idea of putting the old Ghostbusters in the background while the new recruits come into the story has also been described by every movie site.

Now, the other rumor is that Oscar (Sigourney Weaver's son from Ghostbusters 2) is supposed to be the main character out of the new recruits.

Why do I constantly see Michael Cera in this role? (hopefully they get a bit more creative than that)

The other twist is that Oscar may or may not be the son of Peter Venkman.

And on top of that the main plot has been rumored to hinge on the death of Peter Venkman and his ghost moving the story forward.

This may have been why Bill Murray hated the idea of coming back as a dead character, so maybe this has changed.

I thought it was the other way around, and Bill Murray only wanted to do it if he was killed off and came back as a ghost.

I thought it was the other way around, and Bill Murray only wanted to do it if he was killed off and came back as a ghost.

Bill Murray seemed opposed to the script/treatment dating way back to when it was rumored that he would be playing a ghost in the film.

When he was on Letterman recently, he told him that he would do it if he "was killed off in the first reel". It seemed like he was commenting on the fact that the script seems to focus on this and there's no way around him actually being alive throughout the whole film. He also obviously doesn't elaborate on being a ghost in the film. Maybe he means he wants Venkman to get an honorable movie death, much like Harrison Ford told George Lucas that he should consider killing Han Solo. I'm assuming now that everyone seems to be on the same page and "attached" to this project, he doesn't mind playing a ghost.

Oh, it should also be mentioned that Dan Aykroyd told a movie site that the trainer for the new recruits would be a woman. And 2 actresses have been 'attached' to the film: Eliza Dushku and Anna Farris. Some movie sites are putting the pieces together because Aykroyd said that the new recruits would be both men and women. And they wonder if they are the daughters of Egon or Ray.

much like Harrison Ford told George Lucas that he should consider killing Han Solo.

I had to do some checking, I had no idea..... Why the heck would Ford want to terminate his employment? I guess by that time he was a pretty big star and wasn't worried about landing other roles..

Source