VC Book Club II

It's a squeaker!

BTW, Maudie and fellow Book Clubbers: I was looking through an old book case of mine this weekend trying to find a solid title to recommend. Larry Brown's Dirty Work jumped out as a strong candidate. Probably too late for this go-round, but perhaps next time.

Ooh, I like that suggestion! Remind me for the next round. :thumbup

In a nakedly blatant attempt to bribe, er, I mean, positively influence voters, especially those of you who, like Dave Wallace, were born and/or reside in the second-to-none-state-of-Illinois, and thus, pretty much won the nation

This is close, you guys! I like this better than that other election, the one where I'll be really upset if my candidate doesn't win. In the VC Book Club election, they're all winners. :dancing

:lol

If it's still this close tomorrow, I may just declare this one a tie, and we'll do Oscar Wao first, followed by the DFW. All other suggestions would just go into a whole new poll after the first of the year.

OK, the poll is closed! (Although, since I don't really know how to close the poll form, I'm just posted the results as of now in this post.)

Underworld (or maybe just Pafko At the Wall) [ 3 ] [7.50%]

The Brief, Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao [ 13 ] [32.50%]

To Kill a Mockingbird [ 5 ] [12.50%]

American Wife [ 2 ] [5.00%]

Your Brain on Music [ 4 ] [10.00%]

A World Lit Only By Fire [ 0 ] [0.00%]

A Supposedly Fun Thing I