Mathew Ryan Vs. The Silver State

I usually don't recomend music to people and honestly haven't recomended anything to anyone (except my wife) probably since college ten years ago. Too many bad experiences with roommates in college who were into Sister Hazel and Creed? anyway. I wanted to throw my 2 cents in on Mathew Ryan's latest, Mathew Ryan vs. The Silver State. I own one other MR album and the Strays Don't Sleep album and overall was left mostly ambivalent, but this new one is seriously good IMHO! There are no complete duds and only three songs I would consider average. The rest are as solid as it gets. I felt compelled to post this because there are so many singer songwriters out there and it is hard to give them all a chance. Anyway, I think this album is worth the time exploring. Sorry if this album has already been covered.

I'm terrible about remembering which records came out during the year, but I think this has to be my on the top of my list. I really have enjoyed The Avett Brothers The Gleam II, but I would have trouble picking an EP for the top spot. I'm sure I'm missing someone, the Fleet Foxes was solid but nowhere near a great album. I would like to hear the new Damien Jurado album. Anyway enough rambling, but I think this is the record of the year. (so far)