Online Photo Albums

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an online photo album? I upload a lot of pics to Kodak (formerly Ofoto) and they don't have limits on storage, but they don't save images at full quality. I've tried Picasa and some others that will upload at full resolution, but you have to pay to get any reasonable amount of storage. I may be SOL for what i want in the free realm, but I thought I'd see if anyone knew anything.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an online photo album? I upload a lot of pics to Kodak (formerly Ofoto) and they don't have limits on storage, but they don't save images at full quality. I've tried Picasa and some others that will upload at full resolution, but you have to pay to get any reasonable amount of storage. I may be SOL for what i want in the free realm, but I thought I'd see if anyone knew anything.

If you're doing a lot of uploading, I'd honestly recommend thinking about just having your own website. Companies like hostgator or lunarpages have super cheap hosting, checking real quick both have $5/month hosting with unlimited space. Then you're talking about $8 a year for your domain name too. This way you'd have unlimited possibilities with what you could do.

Otherwise, i know shutterfly does unlimited storage but i'm not sure if they limit resolution.

Are any of the sites better at sharing than others?

I want to create a semi-public album where anyone (or, ideally, just those I give access to) can upload & share their own photos. From what I can tell, every site has the model where there's only one account - the album owner - that can upload, and "public" access just means the ability for others to view the photos.

anyone know if one of these sites can support what I'm trying to do?

Are any of the sites better at sharing than others?

I want to create a semi-public album where anyone (or, ideally, just those I give access to) can upload & share their own photos. From what I can tell, every site has the model where there's only one account - the album owner - that can upload, and "public" access just means the ability for others to view the photos.

anyone know if one of these sites can support what I'm trying to do?

Well I think Shutterfly does what you are looking for. However, I haven't tried it yet. But when you share it gives you the option of sharing the album in the traditional way you describe and also sharing via your own "share site." Here is the way they describe it:

img_welcome-v12229750540007886.gif

• Customize your Share sites with elegant templates, designs and layouts
  • Share and Collaborate in one place with photos, blogs, calendars, polls, team rosters, forums and more
  • Invite friends and family and control the privacy and security of your sites
  • Post your photo books on your sites for others to see
  • Friends and family can order high quality prints and
  • photo books from your photos

Well I think Shutterfly does what you are looking for. However, I haven't tried it yet. But when you share it gives you the option of sharing the album in the traditional way you describe and also sharing via your own "share site." Here is the way they describe it:

img_welcome-v12229750540007886.gif

• Customize your Share sites with elegant templates, designs and layouts
  • Share and Collaborate in one place with photos, blogs, calendars, polls, team rosters, forums and more
  • Invite friends and family and control the privacy and security of your sites
  • Post your photo books on your sites for others to see
  • Friends and family can order high quality prints and
  • photo books from your photos

Can't believe I missed that - that's exactly what i want. Thanks!