Remember the good, old days

The Citi CEO was on Charlie Rose and he said what happened was too much money got invested in real estate in the U.S., which, he pointed out, hasn't really gone significantly down since the Great Depression, until now. He actually sounded a little pissed that people were upset about it.

I would just call it Shea Stadium again, or maybe the Chinese will buy the naming rights and call it Mao Zedong Field.

Because people need to borrow more money than what they would be saving in their taxes?

Collectively, maybe. Individually, I suppose most people could use between 50 and 200 grand, which takes your average person, what, eight or nine decades to save in reduced taxes? Will the foreclosers hold off that long?

(Disclaimer: I am not exactly sure what proposal you are talking about.)

"Debits Field" :lol That's pretty good, Tug. :thumbup

That is - too bad you don't work for the NY Post.

That is - too bad you don't work for the NY Post.

Full disclosure: It was posted on baseballfever.com a few days ago. And my brother does the back page headlines at the Philly Daily News.

I'm just a little pissy cause the whole thing stinks: banks screw up, and we end up footin' the bill, while the banks go ahead and make a profit. It's a broken system and this ain't fixin' it. I just have a feeling they're throwing everything against the wall and seeing what sticks - not that I have any better answers. The whole thing has a Patriot Act feel to it: We gotta do something, anything, right away.