Maybe someone could be a dear and bump the mass of headphone threads that have graced these pages? I have a set of schure 310s and while

I really like the sound, I frequently use the apple crapbuds because they're so much simpler to get in my my ears. Spawn has bose quiet comfort 2s (why does a 10 year old have bose headphones is indeed a valid and interesting question). I'm enjoying the ease of use, deep bass, and geekiness of them. While I know Solace and others are fans of the open ear types, I like to use my headphones when out and about shopping or on the plane, and other public spaces so I wouldn't want to be too obtrusive. Anyway, suggestions here or someone who can actually drive the search so the board elders don't look at me like :nono would be much appreciated.

I like the Sony EX series for my iPod. Reasonably priced in the $30 range without that tinny sound. More importantly, they fit comfortably in my ear. I can't get the iPod ones to stay in my ear.

Can anyone recommend an iPhone compatible earbud with the microphone/phone option? There are some very nice ones in the $100 range but I really don't use it that much and couldn't justify spending that kind of money.

I am a fan of the sony earbuds with different sized "buds." I think the ones i have are the Fontopia 17. they are cheap so if i break them or a cat chews through them i can easily get another pair. the sound is quite good and they are very unobtrusive.

I like the Sony EX series for my iPod. Reasonably priced in the $30 range without that tinny sound. More importantly, they fit comfortably in my ear. I can't get the iPod ones to stay in my ear.

I have these as well, and they are awesome.

The problem is I read sites like headroom, and all their recommendations for power amps, and my head hurts. I'm using Spawn's Bose QC3 and they sound ok. I don't need noise canceling, but I would like something sealed, unless someone with more experience can tell me that something like the grado's isn't going to piss off everyone within 1/4 mile of me wherever I go. I really want something that sounds awesome. Of course, I'm only listening to digital files.

I like the sound on the schure's but more often than not I leave them home because it takes me some work to get them positioned right in my ear.

think sound leakage

PigPen.gif

Here are some of the ones I'm considering.

http://www.headphone.com/products/headphon...k-271-mk-ii.php

http://www.headphone.com/products/headphon...-hd-25-1-ii.php

some mod should do a massive headphone thread merge.

The problem is I read sites like headroom, and all their recommendations for power amps, and my head hurts. I'm using Spawn's Bose QC3 and they sound ok. I don't need noise canceling, but I would like something sealed, unless someone with more experience can tell me that something like the grado's isn't going to piss off everyone within 1/4 mile of me wherever I go. I really want something that sounds awesome. Of course, I'm only listening to digital files.

Here are some of the ones I'm considering.

http://www.headphone.com/products/headphon...k-271-mk-ii.php

http://www.headphone.com/products/headphon...-hd-25-1-ii.php

some mod should do a massive headphone thread merge.

those are both good phones. i like my etymotic er4-p but they're in ear. you could try their earplugs for 12 bucks and see if they work for you. i find them incredibly easy to travel with. i can't see lugging a standard pair of phones around, but i travel light. i agree that the sealed phones are the way to go. it's annoying sitting next to someone with unsealed headphones. i have a pair of grado 325 phones and you can hear them across a quiet room. i think the er4-p are as good if not better than the grados i have.

I can't get the iPod ones to stay in my ear.

With ya. I can't get ANY ear buds to stay in my ear and I use my earphones while active or on a plane so i don't want over the ear cans. I can't be of much help to Spawn's Dad though as I have Shures and love them. What do you find difficult about them? I use them in the correct ears when active and it can be a bit of a pain (though not really) to get them in the ear and around your head. But when I'm just sitting on a plane, I use the L in the right ear and R in the left ear and let them hang down in front of me. I find that just as easy as ear buds without the insecure feeling and WITH a heck of lot more noise cancellation.

I just can't always get them to stay in my ears securely and would like something to use around the house and what not. Like you said, it can be a pain...I'm not always looking for a pain.

Have you ever tried the switching ears trick I mention above? That, to me, is as easy as it gets.

The Sony ones I got came with three different sizes of ear thingys, for a better fit. Mine stay in fine, unless I klutzily rip them out accidentally.

I look at the frequency range - the lower the first number is, the more I will like the headphones.

I ordered the AKG K 271s off of eBay. I bought them on a 'best offer'

of $130 with free shipping. Not too shabby. Haven't got them yet,

so I have no idea how they sound. :dontgetit It's kind of like buying a bike

without having ridden it.

Yes, but are they Dr. Dre approved? :lol

Glad you found something. Let us know how they sound!

do you like these?

Look good to me.

• 2 weeks later...