So, I traded in my dusty keyboard last year for an acoustic guitar. I was taking lessons for a bit, but they didn't really seem to help. Can anyone suggest some cool songs to help me with my chord changes? I've been working on a few Bonnie Prince Billy songs but I thought I'd put it out there for some input to see what else I could practice with.

Tx,

TBR&R

Some of the first things I learned to play were from John Prine's first few LPs. Very simple structures for the most part, and devastating lyrics. If you're interested try some of those - you will definitely get some requests at the next campfire you attend! Good luck! :thumbup

try Via Chicago. just D, A and G over and over

bob dylan's Political World is nothing but and F# all the way through

if you buy yourself a capo, there are tonnes of 3-chord songs that you can practice on. a lot of blues songs are simple 12-bar blues melodies with only 3 chords.

good luck!

"There She Goes" by The La's is pretty simple.

Basically just G, C, and D; but that C is actually easier to transition to than a regular C, because it's a C9, which is a much easier transition from the G.

HERE is a link to a pretty good overview of how to play it.

Let me know if you try it and how it works out.