Richmond Virginia Wants Wilco!

Its our turn. Thank You.

We have a gorgeous new venue called The National but it may be small for you guys. http://www.thenationalva.com/

The Landmark Theatre (formerly The Mosque) is also a beautiful place. Thats 3200 or so people and might be right. http://www.ci.richmond.va.us/departments/parks/landmark.aspx

The National would be awesome though. Two nights like Tipitinas.

PLEASE COME. I'll bring at least 20 people. I promise :)

I just worked at the Landmark the other night and it is indeed a spectacular venue. There are some impending stage/dock upgrades coming soon to make the place more modern and hopefully to attract more shows, other than the typical orchestra shows that dominate now. I think they could pull a two-nighter at the National, it's around the same size as 9:30 in D.C. and they've done multiples there. I think the real key though is to get in touch with local bookers at the National or Toads or wherever and convince them that it would be a worthwhile venture. Meanwhile are you going up to Baltimore?

I just worked at the Landmark the other night and it is indeed a spectacular venue. There are some impending stage/dock upgrades coming soon to make the place more modern and hopefully to attract more shows, other than the typical orchestra shows that dominate now. I think they could pull a two-nighter at the National, it's around the same size as 9:30 in D.C. and they've done multiples there. I think the real key though is to get in touch with local bookers at the National or Toads or wherever and convince them that it would be a worthwhile venture. Meanwhile are you going up to Baltimore?

The National is allsome and it would be the perfect venue for them. I think its actually a bit bigger than the 930.

im in a broke mode right now and cant pull the trigger on baltimore. normally it would be no question. the show is gonna be sick. i might have to go.

The National is owned by the NorVa and it looks like band are switching off ever tour, like Iron & Wine played The National this spring and then playde the NorVa just recently.

anyway, Wilco has been playing C-ville and they need to come to Richmond the next time around for sure. i'm sick of driving to shows. i'd rather walk. :-)

-justin

The National is owned by the NorVa and it looks like band are switching off ever tour, like Iron & Wine played The National this spring and then playde the NorVa just recently.

anyway, Wilco has been playing C-ville and they need to come to Richmond the next time around for sure. i'm sick of driving to shows. i'd rather walk. :-)

-justin

Wilco playing the NorVa again would be super nice, as I live only 15 mins away! :yes

Man I showed up at that Norva show ridiculously early for the non-existent GA line. I saw just about every member of the band out walking around and in the mall across the street. Jeff bought a pair of shoes. At another show there, I once saw Ian Astbury of The Cult teaching his young son how to ride a skateboard. It was a very touching thing to see.

What about short pump? Seriously....

Just kidding.

A concert in Richmond would be fantastic. The Landmark or The National would be great venues and they would provide the "wilcoesque" atmosphere that you find all over the country. I would be in heaven if I could walk to a Wilco concert. Please...

Edo's Squid....mmmmmmmm

Watch out with that Oregon Hill comment Justin! 13 proud years! Ed who runs Mama Zu and Edo's also runs 8 1/2, the takeout place on Strawberry Street by the Video Fan.

Watch out with that Oregon Hill comment Justin! 13 proud years! Ed who runs Mama Zu and Edo's also runs 8 1/2, the takeout place on Strawberry Street by the Video Fan.

my bad!

i have had some of the take-out pizza from 8 1/2. love how their sign is the logo for the Fellini film! but, if we're talking pizza, Mary Angella's can't be beat!

i know you fellow Richmonders have seen it written in Style, Richmond and elsewhere, but this city is nothing but restaurants, is it not? people in the 804 love to eat!

-justin

• 2 weeks later...
I'd travel to Richmond to see teh Wilco's. Richmond is a fine City. :thumbup

I'll take the band to dinner!

these.

if they do come, we should all get together at a bar afterwards. i say afterwards, because, unfortunately, i hate to drink before a show (especially GA), because inevitably, i have to piss like 50 times. if it's at The National, there aren't any bars near and if there were, you wouldn't want to go there. not on that part of Broad Street!

-justin

p.s. i'd still go to the bar before. i'm just saying is all.

these.

if they do come, we should all get together at a bar afterwards. i say afterwards, because, unfortunately, i hate to drink before a show (especially GA), because inevitably, i have to piss like 50 times. if it's at The National, there aren't any bars near and if there were, you wouldn't want to go there. not on that part of Broad Street!

-justin

p.s. i'd still go to the bar before. i'm just saying is all.

have you been to the national? you can make it to the bathroom and back to your spot pretty easily.

we usually drink at penny lane and then walk over. you could also have dinner at Comfort or hit Popkin for drinks. That part of Broad is clean as could be nowadays.

they are doing a Southeast tour. im counting on Richmond. How SWEET would two nights be???

i saw Iron & Wine/Califone there back in April. i like to get up close, so we'll see. it is almost walking distance for me...i live on 15th St. and Main. how about you? didn't i meet you at the last Wilco show in C-ville? oddly enough, that was in line for the bathrooms! i wasn't even kidding!

-justin

A multiple night stand at the National would be GLORIOUS. Especially as I live a mile down the road. But the National is a terrific venue in my opinion, soundwise and space wise. It's relatively large, but it has a club feel. I think Wilco could draw a decent enough crowd for at least one show there. Make it happen guys!

And should their tour bus/hotel plans suddenly collapse on them, I know of a VCU freshman art student (*cough*) who would GLADLY donate a dorm room to the band. *cough, cough*

• 7 months later...