Kind of don't know what to say about this!

I did enjoy the Chorus where he sang "there is a bailout coming but it is not for you, so you won't be able to afford the Archives, which are overdue"

Cool line

Cmon Neil, I love your music, but sometimes you are guilty of two music pet peeves of mine.

1. Don't mix music and politics in an overt fashion (I know I'm alone here, but I hate this) Naturally Living With War was a tough listen

2. Don't charge 300 bucks for a box set that I feel I HAVE to have and can't live without.

i doubt the CD version of the archives will be $300. guessing like $100-150

you know what I meant

I'm just saying that Neil could stand up and not be mr. hypocrite celeb and say either of two things

1. Hey I know times are hard, but this (Archives) is something I worked hard on, and if people want it bad enough they find a way and work hard themselves to make the dough (which would be nice and refreshing)

OR

2. Hey I know times are hard, and since I'm singing about corporate greed and the Bush administration's failed policies that I believe impacted our economy and is effecting each and every one of us, I feel that releasing the Archives at this time with a high dollar sign would be kind of crappy of me. So it will be discounted and available for $50 because I want to spread some happiness. (this would be stupid and lame, but at least it would make his preaching more tolerable)

Ok, great

I don't want to argue about it, Neil is probably one of my favorites of all time and I own almost everything he ever did, but he also frustrates me at times by being so reactionary. I never liked OHIO and find his current politics a little tired. I don't care what his views are whether he is playing Farm Aid or singing "let's impeach the pres" I really don't care. If half of his biography Shakey was accurate the guy spent 1/2 of his life in a drugged out/drunken haze and lives on a cozy ranch. He can't and won't ever teach me a single thing about life on a socio political level. That being said he has written and recorded some of the most beautiful stuff ever . So I guess I'm saying stick to the love songs and i'm annoyed right now.