Inauguration 09?

from what i've heard and been told, wilco will not anywhere near the Beltway for the historic changing of the guards.

Andrew Bird will be at the Black Cat for the big shoulders ball (which sold out in minutes when that was announced). and there is an opening ceremony on Sunday at the Lincoln Memorial which for inaugurations' past has drawn free concerts from the likes of Bob Dylan, Ricky Ma rtin, and Diana Ross. see the inaugural thread for the line up, go go just posted it.

there's an inauguration thread in the Tongue Tied Lightning section as well.

--

oh and sheryl crow, citizen cope, and some others will be at the 9:30 club i think Monday night; moby will be spinning there all night on Saturday.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...9/01/61235138/1

The most-asked question in Washington -- who's going to play at Sunday night's Lincoln Memorial Inaugural concert? -- has just been answered.

Musical performers scheduled for the event include Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Bono, Garth Brooks, Sheryl Crow, Renee Fleming, Josh Groban, Herbie Hancock, Heather Headley, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles, John Mellencamp, Usher Raymond IV, Shakira, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, will.i.am, and Stevie Wonder. Among those reading historical passages will be Jamie Foxx, Martin Luther King III, Queen Latifah and Denzel Washington. The Rt. Reverend V. Gene Robinson will give the invocation. Rob Mathes will be the music director and arranger for the backing band, which will support all of the artists. Additional performers will be announced as they are confirmed.

The 7 p.m.-9 p.m. ET event is being produced by HBO, but will be made available to broadcasters nationwide for free.

Update at 2:30 p.m. ET. In case you missed it last year, or just want to see it again, here's the video that will.i.am produced during the campaign that caused something of a sensation. It's been viewed more than 15 million times on YouTube and we wonder if a version of it just might get played Sunday:

No Wilco though, yet. Boo. But Josh Groban, thank god, will be singing. :shifty