When You're Strange

An article in todays Wall St Journal completely shredded this film to tiny bits.

That's nothing new. I think it will be worth it to see the Feast of Friends footage. If people don't like the band, then why would they watch the film anyway.

That's nothing new. I think it will be worth it to see the Feast of Friends footage. If people don't like the band, then why would they watch the film anyway.

Morrison mentioned Eric Von Stronheim and how he was called "the man you love to hate." he then likened The Doors to that statement and I totally agree with him.

was working tonight and missed the film. I did watch an interview (CLICK ME!!1)) with Morrison's father and sister online last night. seemed like Jim's father never understood his son, even after all of those hit songs and all that money. I now have a better understanding of why Jim was the way he was. btw, that clip of his father/ sis featured some unpublished pics of Jim visiting his father's naval ship. funny side note, Jim's father made him get a haircut before visiting the ship/ crew that day :pirate

Morrison mentioned Eric Von Stronheim and how he was called "the man you love to hate." he then likened The Doors to that statement and I totally agree with him.

was working tonight and missed the film. I did watch an interview (CLICK ME!!1)) with Morrison's father and sister online last night. seemed like Jim's father never understood his son, even after all of those hit songs and all that money. I now have a better understanding of why Jim was the way he was. btw, that clip of his father/ sis featured some unpublished pics of Jim visiting his father's naval ship. funny side note, Jim's father made him get a haircut before visiting the ship/ crew that day :pirate

I've seen those photos. They were used in at least one Doors book over the years.

I like the footage I saw last night, but the rest did not do anything for me. As someone said on another message board, we already know that stuff.

Some of what Depp was saying was smoothed over, and/or changed from what I have always read. Still, it was neat to see all of that concert footage. It was shot for Feast of Friends.

(Also - that car was Jim's. A 1967 Shelby GT500.)

Caught the last half hour of this, hopefully (sorta) I'll see it all before they stop rerunning it. Seemed a little obvious and dull though, with all the 'crazy 60s' parallels. Cool to see Jim smiling/waving at folks from behind the wheel. And I dug the last line.

Is Johnny Depp a big Doors fan? I can't see that.

Caught the last half hour of this, hopefully (sorta) I'll see it all before they stop rerunning it. Seemed a little obvious and dull though, with all the 'crazy 60s' parallels. Cool to see Jim smiling/waving at folks from behind the wheel. And I dug the last line.

Is Johnny Depp a big Doors fan? I can't see that.

All of that car footage was shot for the film he was making. I've never seen it in such great quality before.

I think he is a fan.

The car footage appeared in something before - is it cut into the Hollywood Bowl film?

I think it may have been in some Doors release - the video for L.A. Woman perhaps.

The Hollywood Bowl concert I have on video, it just the concert and nothing else.

This is what I am thinking of:

The Doors - L.A. Woman

(They used the wrong car - that is a 64 Mustang, I think.)

That just jogged my memory - the footage was definitely in a video that MTV used to show on CLOSET CLASSICS CAPSULE.

I can't think of what it was -

I have to go - we'll find out.

I can't think of what it was -

I have to go - we'll find out.

was it the Roadhouse Blues video where Morrison can be seen in a limo? not the black and white footage where a girl puts her hand on his trousers but the color footage. I haven't seen the film yet but if you guys can describe some specifics of the clip, I may know what it is.

is this it at 3:25? Roadhouse Blues vid

The sure like to use that New Haven footage over and over again.

I think he was saying that there is some video out there that uses the footage of Jim driving around in his Mustang. The same footage that we saw in When You're Strange.

I am not overly familiar with any of the commercial MTV type videos that have been made in the last two decades. The last Doors home video I bought was The Soft Parade.