Bigwheeledwagon:

I am having the same problem as you... I do not have the problem when I plug my Strat directly into my blues Junior. When I add an effect between the guitar and the amp, I can faintly hear a radio station. The louder I turn up the gain on the amp the louder the radio station gets. Also, the radio staion level goes down when I stop touching the strings or metal parts of the guitar- leaving it floating. It seems to be a combination of things brings this out. Do these symptoms sound familiar to you?

Sorry to take so long to respond to your post -- especially your first post. My radio station problem is not limited to my guitar; in fact, it's worst in the headphones of my recording rig (but only through the phones) The station does increase with volume, but on my guitar it is independent of whether I am touching the guitar. I'll let you know if I figure something out.

• 2 weeks later...
This makes me think... Surely there's a forum of indie filmmaker dudes out there somewhere who are wondering where they can get cool, lo-fi recordings...

Imagine how cool it would be to somehow pair up indie musicians with indie film makers. I know I'd definitely give away plenty of music for just the promise of "if we make a bazillion dollars somehow, we'll pay you a cut then."

esession might help you there. i think elance might have something as well.