War Child presents Heroes

I apologize if there was a thread for this charity compilation coming out on Feb. 24. Looked, searched, but couldn't find a thread.

Anyway, tracklist below, but I'm posting because the Hold Steady cover of Springsteen has shown up on You Tube. Might only be for the THS nuts, like me, but I think it's pretty cool....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYoBYmV3gC0

War Child presents Heroes.....

1. Beck (Bob Dylan - "Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat")

2. The Kooks (The Kinks - "Victoria")

3. The Hold Steady (Bruce Springsteen - "Atlantic City")

4. Hot Chip (Joy Division - "Transmission")

5. Lily Allen feat. Mick Jones (The Clash - "Straight To Hell")

6. Yeah Yeah Yeahs (The Ramones - "Sheena Is A Punk Rocker")

7. Franz Ferdinand (Blondie - "Call Me")

8. Duffy (Paul McCartney - "Live And Let Die")

9. Estelle (Stevie Wonder - "Superstition")

10. Rufus Wainwright (Brian Wilson -" Wonderful & Song For Children")

11. Scissor Sisters (Roxy Music - "Do The Strand")

12. Peaches (Iggy Pop - "Search And Destroy")

13. Adam Cohen (Leonard Cohen - "Take This Waltz")

14. Elbow (U2 - "Running To Stand Still")

15. The Like (Elvis Costello - "You Belong To Me")

16. TV On The Radio (David Bowie - "Heroes")

Jack

Hold Steady cover of "Atlantic City" now streaming here....

http://spin.com/articles/exclusive-song-ho...ver-springsteen

Gotta say, I'm loving this....

Jack

me too... did not expect it to be that great in all honesty, as i've only enjoyed a few covers of that song, but damn it's great.

the horns are especially great. not so huge on the breakdown w/ Craig & Franz singing, mostly because Franz's voice bugs me a bit, but overall it's fantastic.

there's a sampler of this going around... the Kooks cover of Victoria is pretty true to the original, Duffy's cover of Live and Let Die is awful, Lily's Straight To Hell cover is kinda blah sadly, but Elbow's cover of Running To Stand Still is stunning.

me too... did not expect it to be that great in all honesty, as i've only enjoyed a few covers of that song, but damn it's great.

the horns are especially great. not so huge on the breakdown w/ Craig & Franz singing, mostly because Franz's voice bugs me a bit, but overall it's fantastic.

there's a sampler of this going around... the Kooks cover of Victoria is pretty true to the original, Duffy's cover of Live and Let Die is awful, Lily's Straight To Hell cover is kinda blah sadly, but Elbow's cover of Running To Stand Still is stunning.

How does Beck handle 'Leopard Skin'?

How does Beck handle 'Leopard Skin'?

the sampler i have doesn't have that song unfortunately. supposed to be getting the full thing in the mail any day.

that said, he covered it when i saw him last fall and it was very very good. fairly true to the original, but more uptempo and had a bit of his funkier vibe to it. hoping the studio take is similar.