Jay Leno just recently announced he'd do a free comedy show in Detroit on April 7th at The Palace of Auburn Hills. No admission, parking or refreshments fees (Pepsi) will be charged to attendees, who Leno says should be unemployed workers. Leno says he'll use the honor system.

Of course, this all sounds very good-hearted and nice of Leno. But Auburn Hills is a suburb of Detroit, and some are complaining that many will not be able to make the trip to Auburn Hills because it's too far away and they can't afford or won't be able to get there.

Don't ya think some busses will be offered up by the city or something will be figured out? Geez.

Good job, Jay!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29608969/

Not even free tickets could interest me in seeing Leno.

Everything I've seen about him away from the Tonight Show suggests he's a hell of a nice guy, but I don't think he's funny.

The level of debate this has raised among the on-air radio personalities here is almost as unfunny as Leno. The city council weighed in that it was racist for him to go to Auburn Hills instead of downtown.

You guys are killing me.

I, and everyone else on this board, knows how much Leno's humor is despised here, but c'mon. Pretty cool of Jay to do this. If I was unemployed and lived in Detroit, I'd be there.

I

Crazy Monica Conyers, Detroit City Council's interim president called into a sports radio show yesterday and told the African-American host he and his on air partner, who is white, were enabling the racism of their listeners who thought it was fine for Leno to be in Auburn Hills. Seriously, the stuff that's happening here is absurd. The city is literally falling apart and this is what the city council chooses to spend time on.

City council has always been like that. They think everything is a black vs. white issue. If they could ever just get past that, they could work on rebuilding the city and making it a great place where people actually want to visit.

It's not racist to have the show in Auburn Hills, but it is pretty dumb. He couldn't do this at JLA or something?

From what I could gather from the link above with Monica - excuse me, Council President Monica Conyers - calling into the radio station, it's the same weekend as the Final Four, which I guess is in Detroit, so it would not have been feasible to hold the concert at a venue in the city.

From what I could gather from the link above with Monica - excuse me, Council President Monica Conyers - calling into the radio station, it's the same weekend as the Final Four, which I guess is in Detroit, so it would not have been feasible to hold the concert at a venue in the city.

waisis.gif