Visiting San Francisco

I'm planning a 3-day visit to San Fran in June with my wife. We are staying at fisherman's wharf. We are trying to plan the tours and attractions to visit and looking for feedback on:

Has anyone used the City Pass or Go-Card?

What is the best way to get around the City and how much does transportation cost? (The City Pass includes free cable car and MUNI and we're wondering if getting the pass is worth it just for this purpose. The pass is $54)

What are the top 5 attractions we should see?

Any restaurant recommendations?

Thanks!

The bus/streetcar is only $1.50/trip (one fare gets you a transfer good for up to two hours), and the cable cars are $5. The regular monthly MUNI pass costs $45, so the only way the City Pass is worth it is if you're planning to actually go to some the pricey attractions that it'll get you into. Don't expect to actually get to too many places on the cable cars. One or two rides on those are fun, but they're not necessarily the best way to get where you're going.

As far as must-see tourist stuff, I really love Alcatraz. Also, the ferry out to Angel Island, and a walk around out there, would be another great use of the ferry trip that I think comes with the City Pass.

My favorite city in the world. Walking around fishermans warf with a beer in a paper bag and eating fresh fish is a must since you are staying there. Great modern are museum worth checking out. I would highly recommend eating at a place called Des Alpes if it's still around. You have to look at the menu because they only have a few options on any given night. Great atmosphere. Very out of the way and non touristy. The thing I like about SF is it's so small you can really see a bunch just by walking around. Tons of rock and roll history type places to visit if you are into that, merry pranksters house, grateful dead house. Haight Ashubury is still worth visiting and it's right next to golden gate park which is worth strolling around. Then you have chinatown, japantown, north beach. Great restaurants everywhere. Take in a concert at the Warfield if you get the chance. If you really want adventurous you can try Mitchell Brothers if it's still around although it's in a bad area. Walk around the palace of fine arts. People watching on Market street. You are going to have a great time.