Hold Time (piano)

Vincent O'Brien (piano)

Sad, Sad Song

encore

Magic Trick

Poison Cup

Here Comes The Sun Again

Story Of An Artist (piano)

The Horchow seats a little over 300 people and the sound was terrific, especially since eveyone was so quiet throughout the performance. The lovely Shelley Short opened with a 20 min set that showcased her incredible voice. She struggled at times with her guitarwork, but more than made up for it with her singing. All things sweet and nice. She thanked everyone after every song.

After a short break, the lights dimmed and like a caged tiger released, Matt erupted on stage with an intensity I didn't know he possesed. His swagger was shocking as he slaughtered us on the very first song with a black Gibson J45 and although it might have been the fact that he was less than 10 ft away, I have never been more impressed by a guitarist. :worship

The mood eased as he settled into the show. Nice acoustic version of NHNLY and during Oh Lonesome Me, he utilized a loop pedal to back the slide - which he left going as he exited the stage. :-O Returning with a drink and a setlist, he continued on the guitar with I'll Be Yr Bird (Adding Vic to Chestnut and Bob to Mould) and Chinese Translation before moving to piano. Hold Time is such a beautiful song and he payed it so gently and with such sincerity that it was hard to believe this was the same guy strangling the guitar earlier. Of course, the night was winding down way too soon. I must say that I wasn't much of a fan of Sad, Sad Song until tonight and Story Of An Artist was a perfect ending to the show. Again, I must reiterate that the place was so quiet you could hear everything perfectly. It was a real treat to sit with an audience like that!!!!

We waited around a bit and I asked a roadie if I could have the setlist. He said Mr Ward would come out to get his things and I could ask him myself. After a while, a few others waiting for autographs left and it didn't look good for Matt to come out. The roadie finally emerged later and handed it to me. Lots of notations on it with some cryptic stuff here and there. I didn't get 2 rows away until I heard Matt behind me, ask for it back. :blink He called it his "Master Copy" and needed it for the SXSW appearances, so I gave it back in exchange for an autograph, a handshake and few minutes of conversation.

WOW! Fucking WOW!

I loved reading that Jay. Great detail. The set looks very mixed with old and new songs. And the "master copy"?! What did you guys talk about? Did he mention me or ask why I wasn't there? :rotfl Did Deb yell "Thaaank Yooou!" like she said she would for me? I wish we could have been with you guys. I am glad you represented the A-Town nacl-heads :lol

I hate to tell you this but.....Jeff Beck just so happens to be renting a place next door to us this week. He said we could hang and he would show me a couple of licks on his guitar.........that he's signing and giving me!

I hate to tell you this but.....Jeff Beck just so happens to be renting a place next door to us this week. He said we could hang and he would show me a couple of licks on his guitar.........that he's signing and giving me!

:dribble

He thanked the audience quite often and I think we were all waiting to see just what he was going to do next. As Dr No stated (BTW, I'd love to hear more), the acoustics were pristine. I don't recall anyone saying anything, really.

As far as conversation, I'm sure he has heard what I had to say many times before. I was :stunned The notes made outside the songs made it some kind of master he's needs. I initially wanted to trade for a photo taken with him, but when that didn't work he agreed to sign anything for the 8 that stayed. Everybody wins!!! As you would guess Tweedling, Deb had the only sharpie in the house!! :rock

Sorry! I'm such a poser! Jeff Beck is nowhere near me. I posted that because I was so jealous Stookas encounter. I knew that Jeff Beck was one of the few that could make his head swim.

So, I apologize to those of you I suckered into believing my childish statement. I feel horrible and to make it up to you I will have Neil Young call each of you at home after he gets out of the bathroom. :hug

Sorry! I'm such a poser! Jeff Beck is nowhere near me. I posted that because I was so jealous Stookas encounter. I knew that Jeff Beck was one of the few that could make his head swim.

So, I apologize to those of you I suckered into believing my childish statement. I feel horrible and to make it up to you I will have Neil Young call each of you at home after he gets out of the bathroom. :hug

:guitar