I'm thinking about setting up a Snocap account. I was curious whether anyone here has done it. If so, is it worth it? Bad/good experiences. Basically anything you care to pass on.

Is it something like Taxi?

Not unless Danny DeVito has an account. :D What's Taxi?

Edit: I just found it. That looks cool. Snocap is different. You can sell your tracks on your myspace sight and the like. They may do some sort of publishing, but I'm not sure. Now I'm interested in both.

Nooo!

Haha sorry. I'd just be careful in deciding whether or not to do the TAXI thing. It's kind of a lot of money for an apparently-small potential return. I looked at it pretty-seriously about a year ago b/c I have a TON of songs just sitting around, a few of which are pretty good. I ended up with the impression that if you don't have pro-level demos for most of the songs you want to submit, it is probably not a great investment (as the only people who ever "win" the bids have very high-quality-sounding recordings).

Also I didn't like the fact that you also have to pay each time you submit a bid on work, which is not spelled out very clearly in their promotional materials. Anyway I strongly advise you spend some time on their forum and get the lay of the land before shelling out that cash. I learned a lot more about the parts I care about from lurking there than I did from reading the material on the main site.

I just didn't immediately figure out what you meant by Snocap and took a guess.

Nooo!

Haha sorry. I'd just be careful in deciding whether or not to do the TAXI thing. It's kind of a lot of money for an apparently-small potential return. I looked at it pretty-seriously about a year ago b/c I have a TON of songs just sitting around, a few of which are pretty good. I ended up with the impression that if you don't have pro-level demos for most of the songs you want to submit, it is probably not a great investment (as the only people who ever "win" the bids have very high-quality-sounding recordings).

Also I didn't like the fact that you also have to pay each time you submit a bid on work, which is not spelled out very clearly in their promotional materials. Anyway I strongly advise you spend some time on their forum and get the lay of the land before shelling out that cash. I learned a lot more about the parts I care about from lurking there than I did from reading the material on the main site.

I just didn't immediately figure out what you meant by Snocap and took a guess.

Thanks for the heads up. That doesn't sound like something I want to do. Marketing companies find any way they can to fleece a musician. Snocap sounds interesting. I might try it.

snorting coke off a hooker's tits, right?

Edit: Sorry, inappropriate for this forum, but I had to scratch the itch.

Actually, that's true. Snocap is an outfit that allows you to put your songs up for sale on your myspace site. .99 per song. They keep a small amount and put your money into an account. They send you statements and eventually, hopefully, a check.