The Red Cross Torture Report

It is a sad day when our Govt. institutions have been corrupted to the point that we need the Red Cross to bring attention to the war crimes this country has been and continue to be involved in. It seems to me the new President is falling all over himself to cover this up even further. And now to hear people like Pelosi and her fake outrage when she took impeachment off the table and voted for FISA and the Patriot Act, along with Obama is nauseating. She is not fooling anyone but the low information voter.

They are covering it up because they are also part of the crime. They passed the legislation but that's the part they never talk about. These people could have stopped all of it from day 1. The fact that they didn't and voted for it makes them no better than Bush and his bunch. And even to the low information voter the complete corruption and criminality of both parties is becoming fairly obvious.

There's nothing in the Patriot Act authorizing torture (or enhanced interrogation techniques, or detainment without trial, or any of their other euphemisms). And as distasteful as the FISA-approved wiretaps are, that's a far cry from state-authorized torture.

Just because Obama, Pelosi & nearly every other member of Congress are guilty of allowing those items to pass does not put them on the same level as Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Woo, Gonzales, etc... equating the two is ridiculous.

There's nothing in the Patriot Act authorizing torture (or enhanced interrogation techniques, or detainment without trial, or any of their other euphemisms). And as distasteful as the FISA-approved wiretaps are, that's a far cry from state-authorized torture.

Just because Obama, Pelosi & nearly every other member of Congress are guilty of allowing those items to pass does not put them on the same level as Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Woo, Gonzales, etc... equating the two is ridiculous.

You wish that was true. And if it is then where are the Democrats repealing the Patriot Act and FISA since they hold majorities in both Houses and now also control the White House? When does it become clear that they want these illegal programs in place too, the same as the Bush adminstration?

You wish that was true. And if it is then where are the Democrats repealing the Patriot Act and FISA since they hold majorities in both Houses and now also control the White House?

Like I said, I'm opposed to most of what's in the Patriot Act and FISA. But let's stay focused here - we're talking about the US-sanctioned torture program that was solely the construction of the Bush admin. It never went through congress, the admin exercised their executive powers as commander in chief to define and execute the program.

When does it become clear that they want these illegal programs in place too, the same as the Bush adminstration?

So Obama's repeal of the authorization to use "enhanced interrogation" tactics in the field is a sign they want the programs to remain in place? Ordering Guantanamo to be closed within a year is a sign they want the programs to remain in place? Ordering all 3rd country rendition/detainment centers to be closed is a sign they want the programs to remain in place?

Like I said, I'm opposed to most of what's in the Patriot Act and FISA. But let's stay focused here - we're talking about the US-sanctioned torture program that was solely the construction of the Bush admin. It never went through congress, the admin exercised their executive powers as commander in chief to define and execute the program.

So Obama's repeal of the authorization to use "enhanced interrogation" tactics in the field is a sign they want the programs to remain in place? Ordering Guantanamo to be closed within a year is a sign they want the programs to remain in place? Ordering all 3rd country rendition/detainment centers to be closed is a sign they want the programs to remain in place?

The Indefinite Future of Indefinite Detention

President Obama may close Guantanamo, but the policy it represents will continue.

http://www.reason.com/news/show/132544.html

"Barack Obama promises to close the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, by January. But the policy the prison has come to symbolize, indefinite military detention of terrorism suspects, is likely to continue. The form it takes will tell us a lot about the strength of Obama

Speaking of torture, I was forced to watch 90210 the other night.

:lol Oh Dear Lord NO!

Could be worse, I guess...KC22 could force you to listen to the Hannah Montana soundtrack!

These are the people who are the architects:

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

http://www.ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=46272

They are on TV every night and in the NYT and Washington Post and WSJ. They think that a war economy is the solution to our money problems. Eisenhower warned us about them. I think Pelosi and crew are afraid of them(yes afraid for their lives). Fear is an amazing tool in manipulating people. So we will have to let other governments do the work for us:

http://www.truthout.org/032909Z

You know I was just trying to find out the rest of the Wilco tour dates so I can plan my vacation and now I am off on a PNAC tangent before I have even had :coffeecup

thank you for keeping me on track GON :cheekkiss