Piano Sheet Music?

Besides the Wilco songbook, does anybody know of any piano resources for Wilco songs?

I searched here, but didn't find much.

Speaking of the songbook, what are the opinions here for piano players? Worth it?

It depends on what you want out of the songbook. If you want to play an arrangement of the songs (you know, playing the vocal melody with the right hand), then it's pretty serviceable. I personally dislike playing arrangements (I was pretty bummed as a kid when I bought Beatles songbooks and they didn't have the exact parts that the piano was playing in songs like Let It Be and Hey Jude). The songbook isn't worthless in that regard--it'll get you in the ballpark--but it's not the exact part, if that's what you want to play. But it's the same chords and that's all rock piano is about, anyway.

On musicnotes.com they have sheet music that you can download for about $5 per song. The songs they have for piano are Hummingbird, Theologians, Hell Is Chrome, and What Light. I looked at the previews and these look like the real deal. Hummingbird and Hell Is Chrome would be nice to have. I might pick those up.

On musicnotes.com they have sheet music that you can download for about $5 per song. The songs they have for piano are Hummingbird, Theologians, Hell Is Chrome, and What Light. I looked at the previews and these look like the real deal. Hummingbird and Hell Is Chrome would be nice to have. I might pick those up.

Wow. Those look pretty good. I took a good look at Hell Is Chrome and they still seem like arrangements to me, but much better arrangements. How I play it sounds more like the record than what is written (of course, I'm assuming that I'm playing what is written correctly). What gives me pause is that what I'm playing is a lot easier than what is written.

Anyhoo, $5 isn't expensive, but it isn't exactly cheap either (seeing as how the whole book is $25). I would consider getting one just to try it out and see if it is what I wanted before I got more.

Cool! I'll have to check that out, Thanks! :thumbup