Class on Jeff Tweedy's Music

How did it go? I missed the performance because we were getting in a last minute run-through, but I heard there was some excitement...

It was a blast. One member of our group sang "I'm the man who loves you," then dedicated it to his girlfriend, whom me met in class at the Old Town School. He asked her to come on stage . . . and well, long story short, we celebrated the second Wilco ensemble related engagement!

Ah, the magic of making music together!

So cool! Congrats to the happy couple. :)

Clearly I need to join this group...any single dudes left? :lol

Hmmm, actually there are a few single dudes --not sure how many since I don't know the status of the new guys.

Actually, the Old Town School can be quite the dating scene. There really should be a guide: "The Music Lover's Guide to Dating and the Old Town School"

There are so many things to consider if you're hoping to find a special connection with fellow music lover there . . . The table of contents would look something like this . . .

How do I pick the right instrument?

Which musical genre will attract the type of people I'd like to meet?

Which classes foster the best social scenes?

Am I more likely to meet someone in class at 909 Armitage or at the Lincoln Square location?

Which instructors have been the catalysts behind the most love connections?

Should I consider dating one of the instructors?

etc . . . .

• 1 month later...

Only 1 spot left on Tuesday nights if anyone wants to join. The Saturday session has plenty of space but sign up now if you wanna get in on it. If registration is low on Saturday, it might all just get rolled into one Tuesday night session.

http://oldtownschool.org/classes/register/CourseDetail.php?course=3661

In the session that just ended we learned 6 songs off the new album and revisited some of the classics. Good times!

• 2 months later...