Supreme Court Rules Against Networks

This ruling does not surprise me at all. The vote was pretty much as I expected it to be. My problem with the FCC is how they wanted to fine every local affiliate whenever something "offensive" occurred. Seems to me like the Louisville affiliate of NBC has no control over what national broadcasts and should not be punished. IO read once, and I wish I knew if this was true or not, that after the Janet Jackson thing that the FCC got something like 4 or 5 complaints, that

I favor choice over censorship/control, but when it comes to public entities there has to be common rules for everyone to adhere to. Just as we cannot drive however we feel like on public roads, public broadcasters need to edit themselves: Not so much for censorship's sake, but to put out content that is agreeable at a common denominator. (Isn't this why radio and networks suck?) Parents want to let their children watch content that they feel comfortable with. While public broadcasting is not a right (neither is driving), it is offered; and if anything is public, there are controls we all have to deal with if we are to get along together. When it comes to live events a simple five-second delay will allow the networks to follow the rules while avoiding trouble. Had there been a delay with Janet Jackson we would have seen a pixilation and any complaint would have been pointless (and then we would all just go online to see what we missed! :lol ). Public broadcasting is offered for the "General Public," so if we want more (or less), we can go to private sources for our entertainment. Isn't that how we all found about such things as Wilco?